Pro Players that you actually got to see when they were in High School...

futbolking

No one saw Randy Moss with the DuPont basketball team against Bluefield at the Bluefield Armory in February '95?  He was a one man team that night since Jason Williams graduated the previous year and we beat them by over 20 on our way to the AA state title.  Gene Nabors from Woodrow Wilson we beat that team in '95 at the Armory and he played pro overseas.  Tamar Slay from Woodrow played against Bluefield at the Armory that I saw.  I can't remember if Carlos Bradly made the NBA from Woodrow or not, but he started guard for South Carolina for two or three years under Dave Odom.  I believe he played pro overseas.  Saw Rafael Cruz from Wheeling Park play in Beckley in the mid '90.  He played pro in his native Puerto Rico.

Saw O J Mayo and Patrick Patterson from Huntington High in Charleston at the state tourney.  Saw Brett Nelson at the Charleston state tourney from St. Albans High School.

Yubrenal Isabelle from Bluefield played NFL Europe for a few years for Scotland after being drafted by New England.  I'm a little late to the party here I know.