Ridgeview girls

swva_havok_fan

Well, this week should define where the Ridgeview girls team will stand in the conference race.  Weather permitting, they have Gate City tonight in Scott County and Friday they are at Wise Central.

Not counting the Ridgeview boys out of the conference race as far as potentially pulling an upset or two in the conference tournament either, but starting 0-2 in the conference doesn't bode well for the regular season.  The loss by 2 in OT to Union shows that they can compete, but the loss to Battle hurt.

After tonight... I want Ridgeview to win the Regular Season title and get that automatic bid to the next round... Lol... Still have GC and Union one more time and Central twice though.

Was the Gose girl not playing for Gate City last night?

I got word last night that Gose would be out possibly up to 6 more weeks. This came straight from Gose herself as she was speaking with my girlfriend. She also said she was going to try her best to get back before then....but who knows how effective she would even be. Not having her is a big loss for the girls.

I got word last night that Gose would be out possibly up to 6 more weeks. This came straight from Gose herself as she was speaking with my girlfriend. She also said she was going to try her best to get back before then....but who knows how effective she would even be. Not having her is a big loss for the girls.

6 weeks is right near when the state tournament is... Could be trouble for GC. Hope she recovers fast. Senior needs to be able to play their final season. 

I think Ridgeview is the most complete girls team ive seen this year in SW Va. They have several exceptional ball handlers that can take it to the bucket at any time. I don't think GC can get the best of them without Gose in the lineup.....and I'm not exactly sure they can even if she was to come back healthy. Congrats to the Wolfpack on a solid girls team in the first year of the schools existence!

I think Central is all but out of the title race now with last night's loss to Union.  They're completely out of it if we beat them again Friday night (weather permitting).  We still have Central, Union and GC one more time so it's still up for grabs.

Also we are scheduled to play Knott County, Kentucky Saturday in a showcase at Pikeville.

I think Ridgeview wins their conference and goes into tournament play with much confidence. Don't know what good teams are outside our area that could be trouble for Ridgeview. Floyd County is always on the prowl. 

If we win the regular season in the conference, I'm not going to even worry about the conference tournament... Lol.  That automatic region bid will have been locked up by then.

I wished in the basketball schedules threads on this forum, it had the courthouse conference also.  I tried to do a little research on MaxPreps on who was good over there, and it looks like Chatham girls are pretty decent.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes.  Very shocked myself.  If you would have said we'd be undefeated in conference play at this point of the season, I would have laughed at you.  If we get past Central on Wednesday, that all but locks up the regular season championship right there, with only Gate City looming as a potential loss to close out the season.  Two things, however:

1.  I wasn't there, so I can't comment, but, I have been told that we struggled mightily the last two games against Grundy and Twin Valley.  In the Twin Valley game especially, we had to come from seven down midway through the fourth to pull out the win.

2.  When we played Gate City the first time, a key player for them was out.  Not sure if she has returned as of yet, but I'm sure that made some of a difference in the first meeting.

Gose actually returned 2 games ago when the GC girls played Wise Central.....which is several weeks earlier than she was supposed to come back. Not sure if she's 100% but they relied on her alot that game and she made some big plays in the final 5 mins including a pair of free throws to put GC up by 3 with around a minute left. She also had a good game against Abingdon....didn't score more but played solid defense. Still way too many mistakes and turnovers from them if they want to make a run in the post season.

They will have to clean up their game alot if they want to have a chance to hand Ridgeview a loss at their home court. They also play Union again on the 9th I think. Alot of ball to be played yet.

Thank you.  I think I tweeted last night that it was almost surreal to have won a conference championship in the first year of the school's history, but knew if we were going to do it, then girls basketball was probably our only shot.

Still can't believe we're going to go through all of conference play with only one loss.

I suspect we'll bow out in the conference tournament in the semis to Central, since they've taken two of three from us, but at least we have that regional berth and that's all I am worried about at the moment.  :-)

Thank you.  I think I tweeted last night that it was almost surreal to have won a conference championship in the first year of the school's history, but knew if we were going to do it, then girls basketball was probably our only shot.

Still can't believe we're going to go through all of conference play with only one loss.

I suspect we'll bow out in the conference tournament in the semis to Central, since they've taken two of three from us, but at least we have that regional berth and that's all I am worried about at the moment.  :-)

You could beat Central. They only beat you by a point in both games you lost to them ,right?

Honestly RV should beat Central (assuming that is who they are paired up with) but as I have said RV, Union, Central, or GC can beat any of the others on a given night so everyone needs to bring there "A" game

Where is the Conference tournament at this season and where next round (sectional/regional/whatever it is now called)

Honestly RV should beat Central (assuming that is who they are paired up with) but as I have said RV, Union, Central, or GC can beat any of the others on a given night so everyone needs to bring there "A" game

Where is the Conference tournament at this season and where next round (sectional/regional/whatever it is now called)

I was told by a friend of mine from Gate City that the Clinch Mountain Conference tournaments are always held at the regular season champ's court.  So, if that's the case we would host girls and Gate City would host boys.  First round is played at higher seed.

2A West tournaments are at UVa-Wise and Virginia High, however I am not sure which one hosts which.  Girls at Virginia High and boys at UVa-Wise is what I am thinking... but not entirely sure.  Thinking again, first round would be at the higher seed.