How's it going with local recruiting?

Dawgs4Life

Union has a few kids getting some interest. Word has it that UVA-Wise has interest in WR/DB Noaks, TE/DE Barnett and WR Gavin. Also, Noaks with interest from EKU. Gavin on a recruiting visit to VMI this weekend. Pretty strong senior class at Union, going to be tough to replace.

I figured this forum would a buzz with all the great season some of the local teams have had this past year.  Course then again, I havent heard a word about any players from AHS signing anywhere.  Granted they only graduate 7 this year.

I'm unaware of any schools where you can double dip Wine Making with a Football scholarship. 

I figured this forum would a buzz with all the great season some of the local teams have had this past year.  Course then again, I havent heard a word about any players from AHS signing anywhere.  Granted they only graduate 7 this year.

Yeah I thought the same when I started this thread. Its such a shame these kids don't get the opportunity others do on the opposite end of this state. Surprised that Gavin was the lone D1 signee in SWVA, considering he didn't have a great season stat wise. He had an excellent sophomore season but his size, speed and potential kept him on the radar. I figured Richlands would have had at least 1 or 2 go D1.

Yeah I thought the same when I started this thread. Its such a shame these kids don't get the opportunity others do on the opposite end of this state. Surprised that Gavin was the lone D1 signee in SWVA, considering he didn't have a great season stat wise. He had an excellent sophomore season but his size, speed and potential kept him on the radar. I figured Richlands would have had at least 1 or 2 go D1.

I don't know the young man Gavin but it says a lot about him for VMI to want him. You know Brad Robbins has all the inside scoop on the kid and I don't think he would take a chance on him if he was a trouble maker.

I agree that I thought we may see more kids getting an opportunity to play at the next level and I'm sure we will in the coming weeks. The D1 level for a kid from our end of the state is rare. Having went through the recruiting process last year, kids from here in most cases don't have the exposure not to mention the size/speed for that level. They are great 1A/2A football players and can play at the D2, D3 or NAIA level but D1 is a whole other level. With that said, I agree that after seeing Asbury and Sturgill play QB they will be D1 level next season.