Dumb question

swva_havok_fan

Lebanon is not in the CMC. They are in the Southwest.

They are in the Southwest DISTRICT... BUT, they're in the Clinch Mountain CONFERENCE.  Once postseason tournaments start, they'll be playing the likes of Ridgeview, GC, Union etc... not Richlands, Tazewell, etc.

They're kind of like Grundy.  Grundy is in the Black Diamond District, but in the SEC.

As of Sunday 1/30/16 this was what the Lebanon News had for the boys...Clinch Mtn. Conference is using a point system for standings since each team dosent play every other team twice.

Con   OvAll  Pts.

GC     6-0    13-3    6  

Union 6-1    12-3    6

Battle 4-4    11-5     4

RV     2-4    10-6     2

Lee    2-4      7-8     2

Leb    1-1     4-11    1

Cent. 0-7     3-15    0

Since that date Union beat Lebanon and received 2pts, they now have 8 total, Lebanon beat both Lee and Ridgeview for 4pts, moving their total to 5, and GC beat Union for 1pt moving their total to 7.  There may be other games that have been played during that time span that i have missed.  I know Lebanon still has games with Central (today) and Gate City Friday both worth 2 pts each, because they only play one time.

As of Sunday 1/30/16 this was what the Lebanon News had for the boys...Clinch Mtn. Conference is using a point system for standings since each team dosent play every other team twice.

Con   OvAll  Pts.

GC     6-0    13-3    6  

Union 6-1    12-3    6

Battle 4-4    11-5     4

RV     2-4    10-6     2

Lee    2-4      7-8     2

Leb    1-1     4-11    1

Cent. 0-7     3-15    0

Since that date Union beat Lebanon and received 2pts, they now have 8 total, Lebanon beat both Lee and Ridgeview for 4pts, moving their total to 5, and GC beat Union for 1pt moving their total to 7.  There may be other games that have been played during that time span that i have missed.  I know Lebanon still has games with Central (today) and Gate City Friday both worth 2 pts each, because they only play one time.

So if GC wins out they will have 9 points and Union will have 8 points?

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but as of 2/11 it should look like this:

Con   OvAll  Pts.
GC          9-0   16-4     9
Union      7-2   16-4     8
Battle      6-5    13-6    6
Leb         3-2    7-13    5
RV          4-6     13-8    4
Lee         2-7     7-12    2
Cent.       0-9     3-17    0

This system is kind of confusing but I guess it's the best way to handle Lebanon not being in the MD. GC plays Lebanon Friday and JSB Saturday. GC clinches the CMC with a win at Lebanon. One tiebreaker scenario being if GC loses at Lebanon and beats JSB, while Union beats Lee and Central.

Looks correct to me, like I said I didn't know what other games teams had played in that time span.  Possible points left are as follows:

GC (Leb 2, JSB 1), Union (Lee 1, Cent. 1), JSB (Lee 1, GC 1), RV (Lee 1), Leb (Cent. 2, GC 2) and Lee (Battle 1, Union 1, RV 1)

They are in the Southwest DISTRICT... BUT, they're in the Clinch Mountain CONFERENCE.  Once postseason tournaments start, they'll be playing the likes of Ridgeview, GC, Union etc... not Richlands, Tazewell, etc.

They're kind of like Grundy.  Grundy is in the Black Diamond District, but in the SEC.

I didn't realize that... Kinda crazy & really confusing. So since there are 7 teams, does that mean that GC will get a bye in the 1st round?

So, based off these points and according to my projections, the CMC tournament first round will look something like this:

Boys:

(1) Gate City (bye)

(2) Union vs. (7) Wise Central

(3) Lebanon vs. (6) Lee High

(4) John Battle vs. (5) Ridgeview

edit:  Girls tournament is still up in the air as far as the 2-4 seeds.  Gate City should finish with 9 points, but the winner of Central/Union should also finish with 9 points.  Gate City has the tiebreaker on Central, but if Union wins, they split in the regular season.  Not sure how tiebreaks are broken other than for first (a one game playoff).  I will predict that Central beats Union, therefore making this easier:

Girls:

(1) Ridgeview (bye)

(2) Gate City vs. (7) Lebanon

(3) Wise Central vs. (6) John Battle

(4) Union vs. (5) Lee High

When and where are the boys and girls tournaments?

For the CMC the tourneys are at the #1 seeds. Girls at RV and boys at either GC or Union. They'll be next week unless the weather messes with the schedule. Not sure about this but the girls may be Monday-Wednesday-Friday and boys on Tuesday-Thursday-Saturday. Think that was the plan last year before the snow put everything on hold for a week or two. 

I went ahead and made a table for the girls. As of 2/11:

Con   OvAll   Pts.
RV          9-1   18-2     10

Union      6-3   13-7     7

GC          6-3   13-7     6
Cent.      6-4    11-8     6

Lee         3-6    9-11     4

Battle      2-9    6-12     2

Leb         0-6    5-14     0

Union beats Central tonight. Current CMC Boys standings:

Con   OvAll   Pts.
Union   9-2    18-4    10
GC       9-0    16-4     9
Leb      4-2     8-13    7 
Battle   6-5    13-6     6
RV        4-6    13-8     4
Lee       2-8    7-13     2
Cent.    0-11  3-19     0

CMC Girls Standings:  

Con   OvAll   Pts.
RV          9-1   18-2     10

Union      8-3   15-7     9

Cent.      7-4    12-9     7
GC          6-3   13-7     6

Lee         3-7    9-12     4

Battle      2-9    6-12     2

Leb         0-7    5-15     0

Wait....how the hell can that even be possible? And I'm not disputing your word, I'm just wondering what kind of mickey mouse setup they have going on nowadays.

Every win is one "point." Lebanon is worth two for everyone who only plays them once (Battle being the lone exception). A GC win vs Lebanon clinches it outright and a win tomorrow vs Battle would tie Union. Not sure of the tiebreaker but if it's head to head or conference record GC has it.