Graham vs Dan River

RiverRat24

Graham may have gotten a slightly better draw than GC on this one lol.....but I'm not sure how much better it will be. Some people are saying DR is tougher this year...some are saying that losing Tremaine Edmund's was a huge loss and they aren't nearly as good. All I know is Appomattox took them to the wire recently...so they have shown some weakness in recent games. What do y'all think? Can the G-Men come out and put one on Dan River on Friday? I would love to see a GC vs Graham championship game on Saturday.....however I'm afraid the matchup between GC and Graham will be the consolation for 3rd and 4th seed.

I do think Graham has a better shot at winning their game though and I'm gonna say Graham plays tough and takes DR to the wire:

Dan River- 72 Graham- 67

If there's a team that's very beatable between Mavahi and DR.....it's DR! I think Graham, GC, or Union could all give them a run for their money. Oh and not to forget about Richlands....if Graham can beat DR then I would have to think Richlands could have stood a very good shot as well.

Mavahi is beatable as they have lost 3 games.....but I still feel like they are the cream of the crop.

Oh and not to forget about Richlands....if Graham can beat DR then I would have to think Richlands could have stood a very good shot as well.

But they aren't playing basketball anymore this season...

Don't let Graham's loss to Richlands fool you.  That game meant zero to Graham.  They had already locked up the #1 seed and just showed up and went through the motions.  Richlands played with something to prove, especially since the last game between the two was cancelled.  Graham was/is the better of the two...end of story...

Im not disputing that they was or wasnt better than Graham....but just beating them once whether or not Graham was truly motivated is enough for anyone to see that they could have made a decent game of it with Dan River. But to say that Graham is the only team that could handle Dan River from SWVA....that's false....no discussion needed. And thats no slight to Graham but just the nod to SWVA for having 4 quality teams. I think the 4 teams I mentioned had/have enough talent to give them problems.

Graham may very well be the best team in SWVA. I have not seen them play.

Union, a team GC beat 3 times this year, played Graham pretty evenly at Graham's place. Surely if Graham can handle Dan River...Union, GC, and Richlands would have a chance. 

Not sure any of us can handle Martinsville. :(

Not saying that Graham is the best team in SWVA, but just confirming what G Man has said.... having watched Graham play a lot this season... the game against Richlands this past saturday was not near one of their better performances.  That being said... i hope all of our teams in SWVA do well in the state tourney and I hope they knock off Martinsville and Dan River.

The Union game was intense, both teams came to play, glad I got to see it. 

I don't disagree with any of what was stated above. Graham may or may not be the best team from this area. The only thing I disagree on is the comment that Graham is the only team from SWVA that could handle Dan River. Anyone that's seen any ball in SWVA this year knows that's not true.

And I wish I had got to see both games last night. I'll be there early on Friday to watch both games. Good luck to Graham....would like to see them and GC play for the championship. That would be one heck of a turnout.

Does Richlands get absolutely NO credit for winning? Richlands frustrated Graham on defense all night. 

And if Graham truly didn't care about winning, why did Miller get frustrated and kick at Lowe when he fouled out? Graham may not have needed the win, but I saw a rather upset team on the floor that night.

Give Richlands a little credit. 

My guess would be #5 or 6 out of the west :)

I'm not gonna argue whether Graham had anything to play for. Ultimately the game with Richlands was meaningless but I know if I was playing for Graham against richlands I would be trying my best to beat a rival school regardless. Just my 2 cents

Just from my view of the Richlands/Graham game, it looked to me like Workman, Clarke, etc was trying to win the game. So I will give Richlands credit for winning that game and not just Graham going through the motions

So am I safe to assume the over hyped team trying to justify their loss would be Graham in this particular instance?? Because I'm only talking about the Graham/Richlands game played at Tazewell!!