Graham vs George Mason

RiverRat24

All I know about Mason is that they are undefeated and 10 deep...supposedly not alot of drop off for the Mustangs coming off the bench either. One thing I do know for sure, Graham is a very tough bunch and they rebound the ball very well. You may beat them....but you won't out hustle them. If Mason doesn't come expecting a fight against the #4 seed they may take an early exit.

I think I'm gonna do it.....I'll take the #4 seed from the West over the #1 seed in the East in a close one! Then I think Graham will get their rematch with Dan River....and I think it will be alot closer next time around. Best of luck to you guys & hope to see y'all in the championship game!

Graham- 62

Mason- 60

Appreciate the faith in the G-Men RiverRat24. I believe the same, after doing some investigating on Mason they look like a good team but I honestly don't think the teams on the East play the caliber of opponents as we do on the West... I could be wrong just my opinion. I'm looking forward to making the trip to Fairfax to watch my G-Men play.. I also wish Gate City the best of luck as well, would like to see SWVA represented with 2 teams in the final four next weekend in Richmond...

If GC and Graham make it I'll be there in Richmond pulling for both teams in the semis! The only thing I don't like about the semifinal game is the early tip-off. If we both make it I think the start time for GC is like 10:00 a.m. and Graham would be like 11:45 or 12. Just my notion, but I think most teams perform better later in the day. I never did like early games when I played and neither did my teammates.

If GC and Graham make it I'll be there in Richmond pulling for both teams in the semis! The only thing I don't like about the semifinal game is the early tip-off. If we both make it I think the start time for GC is like 10:00 a.m. and Graham would be like 11:45 or 12. Just my notion, but I think most teams perform better later in the day. I never did like early games when I played and neither did my teammates.

That's why you go up the night before... Lol.  If Ridgeview gets to the semis, I am going up on Wednesday night.  Even though we would play a late afternoon game on the Thursday, I want to catch all the hoops I can.

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like the Siegel Center is right in the heart of Richmond at the interchange of 95 and 64... I imagine traffic through there is a nightmare.

That's why you go up the night before... Lol. If Ridgeview gets to the semis, I am going up on Wednesday night. Even though we would play a late afternoon game on the Thursday, I want to catch all the hoops I can.

Looking at Google Maps, it looks like the Siegel Center is right in the heart of Richmond at the interchange of 95 and 64... I imagine traffic through there is a nightmare.

It's not as bad as you'd think.

But be warned, go 2-3 blocks in the wrong direction, and you will find yourself in the ghetto. One of the reasons I'd never send a child of mine to VCU.

But be warned, go 2-3 blocks in the wrong direction, and you will find yourself in the ghetto. One of the reasons I'd never send a child of mine to VCU.

This. I went there to watch a WWE Raw one time and I was a bit scared walking back to my car after the show was over.

Too many people wanting to wash windsheilds when you stop at a stop sign or red light in Richmond. Literally had some people running towards my vehicle and wasn't sure what they were gonna do....made me consider making someone a temporary speedbump. Heard alot of random gunshots for my taste the 4 or 5 times I've been there too. A gunshot at all in the middle of Richmond doesn't really bring a warm fuzzy feeling. Not quite as bad as parts of Atlanta or Memphis....but still not the safest place to visit.

Is a different world than the hills of SW VA. 

I am in Richmond a few times a year. Lots of things to do up that way. 

My favorite place to eat is Dot's Back Inn. A small, neighborhood bar that has surprisingly great food. You have your typical "bar" foods, but generally a bunch of daily specials that will include things like stuffed flounder, crab cakes, swordfish, seaweed salad, etc.....

I lived in Richmond for 3 years... Hillside Court is very close to VCU.... Mosby Court is very close to VCU.... You don't want to go through either of those two "communities"......  I also have to go to VCU medical center a couple of times per year.  The Food Carts outside of VCU Medical Center are awesome by the way... one of them has an incredible Chicken Philly.

Where the Siegel Center is located is not the best part of town....  There is a parking garage directly across from the Siegel Center, get there early... you may have to pay a few bucks to park.... if any of your teams are fortunate enough to make it there.

Too many people wanting to wash windsheilds when you stop at a stop sign or red light in Richmond. Literally had some people running towards my vehicle and wasn't sure what they were gonna do....made me consider making someone a temporary speedbump. Heard alot of random gunshots for my taste the 4 or 5 times I've been there too. A gunshot at all in the middle of Richmond doesn't really bring a warm fuzzy feeling. Not quite as bad as parts of Atlanta or Memphis....but still not the safest place to visit.

If you go to a car wash, somebody will try to sell you a gold chain.  Got offered quite a few of those when I first moved to Richmond, so I started going to other parts of town to wash my car.  I lived on "Southside" near Midlothian, off of Chippenham Parkway....worked downtown.

This. I went there to watch a WWE Raw one time and I was a bit scared walking back to my car after the show was over.

You must have went to the Coliseum.  Used to watch the "Richmond Renegades"......ECHL hockey team there..  It is within eyesight of VCU Medical Center and yes, some rough characters are down that way after dark.  Fortunately, there is usually a police presence (on horseback) at most events at the Coliseum.

You must have went to the Coliseum. Used to watch the "Richmond Renegades"......ECHL hockey team there.. It is within eyesight of VCU Medical Center and yes, some rough characters are down that way after dark. Fortunately, there is usually a police presence (on horseback) at most events at the Coliseum.

That may have been it. That was in 2009, so it's possible I don't remember what building I was in......I blame midterm stress

If VCU is in session, the students fill the parking garage during the day games.  If you have to park elsewhere, go west not east.  And do not park in the Lowes parking lot near Seigel, they monitor and tow! 

Anybody know if Graham vs. G Mason will be broadcast online?  KIcks doing the broadcast??  Or anybody know if G Mason has a broadcast?

Nevermind, I just found out that they are doing the broadcast tomorrow.... 11 AM.

Their home gym is UNDER the middle school.  Very small.  Has a partition, for gym classes I presume, that limits your view of the court if you sit on the top row or two.  But...they have really nice outdoor facilities.  And 30+ state championship banners hanging in that tiny gym.  Like I said earlier, every b-ball game for them is a :road" game.

Their games v. Madison County are on HUDL.

Also just read that their defensive stopper, Noble, will not make the trip as he is visiting a college or something rugby related this weekend.  He apparently has a future as a professional rugby player.  He was not much of an offensive threat but I recall that he was a lock down type defender.

Graham seems to play their best when their backs are against the wall...... and not so great when there's not a lot to play for.  There back is against the wall, I think they can make a game of it.  They can't shoot 25% again like they did against Dan River, that's for sure.