2016 Baseball

V-Cats

I have been out of the SWVA Baseball loop this year.  Who did the Bearcats bring in from Honaker this year?

Seriously, do they have the returners to make another run at a title this year? 

I spoke with Frito a few months ago and he really liked his Falcons chances this year.

Bearcat Bob I was gonna ask the same thing, who did VA High draft this year but I didnt feel like arguing the rest of the season. With that being said I dont blame any kid or parent for putting their kid in what they think might better their kids chance of getting noticed or going to a school where coaches actually try to get their players into the next level, not saying Honaker did or didnt but what ever they feel betters their chances

We would not have argued BD15.  VHS attracts players because of their facility, coaching, and most importantly, their ability to get players to the next level.  Seems that some schools are perceived to be better for a particular sport than others.  I have no qualms about transfers coming to VHS for baseball...I just wished we could get a few football/basketball transfers!

Tim Hayes Retweeted Bearcat Baseball

12-game winning streak dating back to last season snapped for Virginia High. #HCBH #VHSL

Game over. Lebanon - 10, Virginia High - 4. Go to http://iscorecast.com/?c=daa4f26818  to see results or watch a full replay.

great state

VA High beat Lebanon earlier on March 17 ....

Tim Hayes Retweeted Bearcat Baseball

Bearcats improve to 2-0 with win in rematch of last year's 2A state finals. #HCBH #VHSL

Game over. Virginia High - 8, Lebanon - 4. Go to http://iscorecast.com/?c=daa4f26818  to see results or watch a full replay.

great state

Is Lebanon that good, or is it an early season hiccup for VA High?

I think it's a little of both; Lebanon of course is going to be good this year and VHS has a young team that may not have been 100% focused to play the same team on back-to-back nights

• 2 weeks later...

In Ridgeview's case, there is nothing to talk about except how bad we're getting pounded by everyone. Lol.

23-0 loss to a winless John Battle team... come on man.

Graham allowed 30+ baserunners to a Richlands team that my 2-year-old would have a fighting chance to strike out. Joking of course, but not fully. Kid's a lefty and can forever more zing a ball. He's just Ricky Vaughn-level wild. I might be talking to Bob in the coming years.

Austin Ray is out of commission for the next 18 months at Carson Newman.  Not sure of the details, but possibly tore his rotator cuff or something and is having surgery.  That's terrible news for him...

• 4 weeks later...