QBs in 2016

Swvafbfan88

John-Luke Asbury from Richlands and Sturgill from Abingdon are easily the two best in SWVA.

This.  Ryan they may be the best two QB's in the state this coming year.  Sturgill is getting a lot of attention from pretty big colleges.  Should be fun to watch them finish their respective high school careers.

This.  Ryan they may be the best two QB's in the state this coming year.  Sturgill is getting a lot of attention from pretty big colleges.  Should be fun to watch them finish their respective high school careers.

You said this earlier, and it's every bit as wrong now as it was then.

A lot of a reach...

But they are very good qb's.

I think Cooper will be the QB at Graham, possibly Meade.  I think Graham would be better with Cooper at QB and Meade getting the ball in space.  With Booker defecting to Richlands.... Cooper would still have plenty of targets to get the ball to.  He is a very smart and would be a multi-dimensional qb that could tuck it and run.  Should be interesting to see how it develops.  Meade would not be a bad option at qb either...if they go that route.

We'll see what the season brings, maybe Graham will have a couple of new faces who will contribute as well.

May be? It definitely is. I rattled off 3 better ones off the top of my head in another thread that was apparently ignored. And 2017 is one of the weakest classes in VA in two decades.

I think John Luke and Sturgill could play at some smaller FBS schools. Places in the "fun"belt or somewhere like that. Are they major Power 5 players? Probably not, but they are both very good at what they do.

Who is the new Coach at Eastside, I hated to see Matt go but it was probably time.

Jason Hicks. I believe he came from Ridgeview. And everybody runs a course I do believe. Some just have longer than others.

You think Cameron Allen will get any looks at qb futbol king ?

He should.  Some are saying that he wants to concentrate on basketball.  Sure hope not, the football team could sure use him.... he's one of those guys who will be dangerous with the ball in his hands, either running or receiving....but he is a heck of a qb as well.  Can't go wrong with him or Cooper, IMO.

Other than Lindell Stone who do you have? Your UVA guy in the Roanoke Times , Doug Doughtery, ranked Sturgill as the #9 prospect in the state in his Christmas column on the top 100. I think Stone was #6. That was for the class of 2017

Doug Doughty is an idiot, and I really am being kind.

Instead of celebrating a win from his alma mater last night, his first reaction was on the poor UVA fan showing, nevermind that Ames is 3 times closer than Charlottesville to Chicago and has 3 times the alumni base.

That doesn't even count his articles generally, which have a BDT-worthy level of factual and grammatical errors.

I've listed mine already on this forum elsewhere.

Collier is back also. Hopefully he'll have some help.

I agree with you Collier is gonna have a big year if he has some help. I think Turner at Union will surprise some people this year also but we lost a lot of targets for him.

After a very impressive season last year, Dalton Mullins will be back under center for the Warriors

He definitely is the one who beat us last season.  Only thing that stopped him was himself when he turned it over twice inside the Ridgeview red zone.  Our defense had no answer for him.