Ridgeview players sign with E&H

swva_havok_fan

Guage Hill and Tanner Artrip have signed to continue their football careers with Emory and Henry.  Congrats to both young men.  It's especially good to see Guage get to continue on after losing all but the first two minutes of his senior season with a knee injury.

Great news seeing more S.W.V.A. players going to Emory & Henry great program my friends father is the head coach look for more local players to gain their interest he is looking to recruit in his own back yard also they have a new offensive coordinator that played for Hawaii Timmy Chang Watch Out see some wide open offense.

Great news seeing more S.W.V.A. players going to Emory & Henry great program my friends father is the head coach look for more local players to gain their interest he is looking to recruit in his own back yard also they have a new offensive coordinator that played for Hawaii Timmy Chang Watch Out see some wide open offense.

Good old run-and-shoot. Chang was the NCAA passing leader for FBS until Brennan surpassed him.

Although Chang is a great hire for E&H, I still think the big issue there is the defense. They have been able to put up points for years but have not been able to stop anyone. 

I still believe they would have had at least one ODAC title during the Caleb Jennings era had they had any defense at all. 

I've despised Emory for years, mainly for their whining and crying over the miracle in Wise play and their non interest in continuing the series after that particular game.  The signing of Artrip and Hill might get me to turn the corner.  

That game had nothing to do with not renewing the series.  It had already been announced, that would be the last game between the 2 for the foreseeable future.  That was a great game though.

Two great young men. Glad to see them have the opportunity. Hill lost all of his senior year and Ridgeview had serious issues in the passing game that made opportunities tough to come by at times for Artrip. I hope they tear it up at Emory.

I've despised Emory for years, mainly for their whining and crying over the miracle in Wise play and their non interest in continuing the series after that particular game.  The signing of Artrip and Hill might get me to turn the corner.  

I favor E&H greatly over UVA-W, one recruits local talent and one does not...

A couple years ago my friend told me he drove his son and Erikk Banks to UVAWise and was told they didn't have time to even show them the fieldhouse. My friends son isn't playing football anymore but Erikk is now with Va Tech. Of course Erikk is by far better off at VA Tech, no comparison. In my opinion, this is just another example of why UVAWise needs to clean house in their recruiting department.

A couple years ago my friend told me he drove his son and Erikk Banks to UVAWise and was told they didn't have time to even show them the fieldhouse. My friends son isn't playing football anymore but Erikk is now with Va Tech. Of course Erikk is by far better off at VA Tech, no comparison. In my opinion, this is just another example of why UVAWise needs to clean house in their recruiting department.

Ive heard that same story several times. Local kids get no attention from UVA-W, if they want to come great but they arent really recruited