Rural Retreat Coach to Gate City?

falconfan1

Gate City-Graham games were wars, You didn't bring the wife and kids because of the severity of violence produced by the hits. I was at a game in the late eighties where their wasn't a single pass even attempted by either team.   

My Scott County source says lot of changes taking place in the county as far as coaches and teachers. My source also all but confirmed for me that Chris Akers is the next head football coach at Gate City. Source said he comes from Graham and worked as an assistant at William Fleming and George Washington. Also had a 2-3 record and finished fourth behind Wythe, Galax and Bland in the Hogoheegee District and 8-4 overall. If that confirmation is true it's a weird hire for me. The football gurus of Scott County know way more than I ever could know if this hire pans out. If I'm Coach Turner I am getting all the film I can on Rural Retreat. Union may have a possible four year sweep of Gate City ahead if we get the jump on them. I'm sure all our Bear fans hate that thought.

My Scott County source says lot of changes taking place in the county as far as coaches and teachers. My source also all but confirmed for me that Chris Akers is the next head football coach at Gate City. Source said he comes from Graham and worked as an assistant at William Fleming and George Washington. Also had a 2-3 record and finished fourth behind Wythe, Galax and Bland in the Hogoheegee District and 8-4 overall. If that confirmation is true it's a weird hire for me. The football gurus of Scott County know way more than I ever could know if this hire pans out. If I'm Coach Turner I am getting all the film I can on Rural Retreat. Union may have a possible four year sweep of Gate City ahead if we get the jump on them. I'm sure all our Bear fans hate that thought.

Your "source" has said nothing that hasn't already been posted on this forum or can't be confirmed with 3 minutes of Google searches. BTW, Galax and Bland aren't in the Hogoheegee...

Your "source" has said nothing that hasn't already been posted on this forum or can't be confirmed with 3 minutes of Google searches. BTW, Galax and Bland aren't in the Hogoheegee...

You actually take him seriously? He is the worlds largest Union homer I've ever seen.

I hear he was not the first choice. First choice ended up turning the job down. 

Lots of rumors flying around GC right now about Akers: Rural Retreat is glad to be rid of him. He is a hard man to work with. Terrible hire. Was described as an a-hole. 

I know nothing about this man. He may be a great guy, and a great coach. Just repeating what I was told. 

Most kids love Jeremy as a coach. I hear lots of kids upset that Jeremy did not get the job. Of course then you hear rumors about kids maybe not playing next year, and season ticket holders not renewing tickets. Just lots of emotions out there clouding peoples' thoughts. 

I doubt Collier will leave GC and miss his SR year, but if his Dad coaches elsewhere next year, he may very well leave. 

You mean the players who got away with murder under the Houseright regime want be able to do whatever they want to under a new coach. The direction of the program was trending down maybe we need a a**hole to get some discipline and fundamentals back into the program. And please don't add Graham to the murders row schedule at least not right now.

Coach Norris is kind of in a no win situation, he is Sullivan North's all-time leading tackler and all-time leader in head coaching victories. He has gave his heart and soul to a school that Sullivan County has been trying to close for ten years now (and will following the 2019 school year) and that the City of Kingsport has annexed all the kids except for the poorer parts of Bloomingdale and Lynn Garden. I think he is the best coach in the Sullivan County system (yes better than Haynie at South) he has done more with less than any coach in any part of the area this message board covers, but does he go down with the ship, like good pirates do or bail out and find another job, in the end he chose loyalty over security. He has nothing left to prove and he probably won't get the new Sullivan County job because he doesn't like to politic for things. In life sometimes I am glad that we don't get our "first choices" can you imagine our lives if we all got our first choices I know mine would have been messed up bad, and I would never had met my wife of 27 years and girlfriend for 30 years. Here's to first choices and second or third ones, they work out too.

I noticed no assistance coaches were hired in last scsb minutes, Housewright's in mainly Jeremy will move on ? The schools are due for consolidation anytime, cost and inabilities too compete with the new school in old LPD Clintwood, haysi, little Nora will rule the mountain district for years too come as they were a jaugernaut in inaugural season!

I noticed no assistance coaches were hired in last scsb minutes, Housewright's in mainly Jeremy will move on ? The schools are due for consolidation anytime, cost and inabilities too compete with the new school in old LPD Clintwood, haysi, little Nora will rule the mountain district for years too come as they were a jaugernaut in inaugural season!

go home, you're drunk