Rural Retreat Coach to Gate City?

falconfan1

Like I said before cocaine in a heck of a drug. If Union didn't win the state last year, they aren't going to win it this year. As bad as GC has been the last five years they will win another state title before Union gets to play for one. Go back to bed Gameday, be quiet and quit ruining our lives.

Since Union's consolidation, Union has as many state semifinal appearances as John Battle. Union has as many 3rd round appearances as Virginia High. I find this relevant.

Please people.... there is no Jonesville/ Pennington any longer if there ever was. That was 26 years ago and todays kids don't  know or care. If there are fights now in school its over Little Susie or someones cell phone. Demographics of Lee county  are not a factor as the Pennington folks who are not walking streets and doing meth now live in Jonesville, Jonesville folks who are not dead now live in western end...St Charles and Stone Creek have all moved to Woodway or Dryden...Stickleyville only had few athletes (granted good ones) but they see visions of grandeur and transfer to GC to bail out their usual lack of talent then come limping back home. Team two years ago won 9 games (albeit a schedule the school for deaf dumb and blind could have dominated) and they were led by two Penn and two Jonesville athletes who were best of friends and still are. Right athletes held back at right time spelled some success and even coaches Lee had in place couldn't screw up and should have added an undefeated season to the mix. Had their linebacker not been awol they would have been undefeated and even the coaches couldn't have prevented it. Looking around area and considering strength of schedule I would say Lee makes a run again this year. Three lineman back that have ability to dominate (Jonesville, Penn, Stone Creek) and several new comers that will make line strength of program for years to come. QB (son of a cross between Penn QB and Jonesville Cheerleader who lives in Jonesville) who has pedigree, frame and showed potential to be a stud. Two running backs (fresh and sophomore) who both toyed with breaking Tyler Grahams middle school marks and one of who has as much genetics to be a big time player as any one could design.Throw in another rising Junior RB that played with such aggression and physicality on both sides of ball he had St Charles running from his eye sockets (Still not figured why he was never on field last year) Throw in the all region all state 4 year starter at LB/RB that if he demonstrates a fraction of the ability he displayed when wearing a pitch fork on his helmet with his maturity and size will dominate both sides of the ball. I'm not sure any Coach will be able to mess this one up either. Penn/Jonesville controversy??? New head coach is as inbred a Bobcat as you could produce that was hired by a School Board Chairman that sucked a Bulldog teat till he graduated.

I can't tell if that is a slam or a praise. Anyway lee's only problem is the revolving staff that doesn't have time to implement a system. We have good if not better talent than most areas and won't lose many more kids due to jobs.

Wise, Russel, buch, and tazewell have a lot to fear, unless trump saves us all.

Ridgeview will not be the power to be for the future in SW Virginia. I agree great facilities. But Union is where it's at in football and even basketball too. Ridgeview may win a title every ten years or so after Union has a down year for once which will be awhile. Basketball will not win anything. We have shooters like Wes who will destroy that weak zone for years to come so no fear there either. But this is football.

So let's recap.

They are fighting over the greatness of themselves in their own mind at Lee, Ridgeview will have Clintwood and Haysi greatness fighting each other, John Battle will be John Battle, Wise Central will not be very Warrior like at all, and Gate City has a new coach and new system.

And Union? I will be surprised if we don't win 8 or more games for the next 5-10 years. SW Virginia just needs to face it.

The road to any state title now goes through the Bears.

5 Star Stadium needs to be renamed 2 Star Stadium, Central will not be in the central but near the bottom of the league. Battle never battles. Gate City well the gates are going to open up and nothing but Bears will be marching to victory!

Hail Union! The merging of two timeless traditions that is still going strong and showing no signs of letting up.

Gate City and Legion Field USED to be the class of SW Virginia and the place people feared.

Welcome to the new face of tradition. Welcome to the face of football in SW Virginia.

Welcome to BSG and Appalachia

Welcome to Union!

This post embarrasses the communities of BSG and Appalachia. You have embarrassed yourself.