2016 RBS and WRS to watch

tornado99

A while back we had a thread on QBs, but how about the other skill position players?

Whom I am familiar with would include Howie, Ball, and Collins from Richlands (I haven't seen Booker play in person) and Cousin for Graham. If Mitchell is an underclassmen from Union would be another to watch.

I hope Graham gets the ball to Taymon Cooke a whole lot more this year

I agree.  I was saying this last season, that kid has some speed....

Got to get the ball in his hands, throw it to him, run him on a jet sweep, punt returns, kick returns.... This kid needs to touch the ball and touch it often.

Graham will have probably it's most athletic bunch since 2001 at the skill positions..

Add the rumored transfer to the mix and Graham will have 3 very good athletes on offense that will rival anybody on any team they will face this season.  Big question is still defense and lineplay

So who is the transfer and where from? A blast from the past that I believe was a transfer who made a significant impact in 1995 was Milton Byard. Was one of the Dews from the 90s transfers as well? I seem to recall one playing for Graham and one for Bluefield. Feel free to correct me on the history side.

Classic Graham LB,complete with neck roll.

Back in the 90s, it seemed like they all wore one. I'm pretty sure it was more of an effort to look bigger and more intimidating. Admittedly, it kind of worked. Not taking away from their weight training, because they were bigger than most teams,but I remember seeing some players after taking off their pads and thinking, "They're not that big." They all looked like monsters on the field.

It is hard to argue what Galax has going on up their! A little more defense and we could have been talking about multiple championships in the last few years for them.

Keep watching. The group coming up is something to see.

Matthew Fulton for Abingdon could be a beast this year at RB.  The kid has been in the weight room religiously this off season.  Heard his 40 is at 4.6.  Though he had a good season last year, he could breakout this year.  Could be one to watch in 2016.

I read that. Congratulations to the young man. I had counted him as a receiver primarily. The names I remembered were Bishop and Summers, I believe. They usually have at least a couple good ones when.they ran out of the T.

Do either of the Union starting backs return?

Bishop, Summers and Noaks graduated but Fannon had a lot of big runs last season and Zirkle will be a great addition also so we are in good shape there.

DeAngelo Ramsey rising Juhior 6'201 as sophomore . last year had 11 and half sacks as defensive end. 

Riley Fox 6'211 rising junior fullback

Avante Robinson rising sophomore blazing speed showed signs last year with blazing speed

Karak Paisley rising junior 6'191 bruiser

all from Salem

keep in mind that Fox and Ramsey were valuable on defense last year so I expect coaches to platoon as time goes on and get depth in and develop young players 

Viante Tucker rising junior leading receiver quick 5'9" 171 as sophomore

Joseph Quinn rising Junior 

Luke Owen rising junior

Vincent Pinello rising senior TE

Salem will have experience at talent at skill positions and 2 or 3 lineman that played some. The challenge will be to find lineman again to block. The JV team only lost one game by 1 point to Patrick Henry when head coach was in hospital . 

Viante Tucker was 1st team all state as sophomore while Riley Fox was 1st team defense as junior in 4a . DeAngelo Ramsey should have been as sophomore and Quinn , Owen , and kicker Nate Craft are siophomores who made plays in playoffs . Pinello is 6'2' 210 who scored touchdown in playoffs against Jefferson Forest . He is very steady and dependable . 

I hope Graham gets the ball to Taymon Cooke a whole lot more this year

http://www.bdtonline.com/sports/cooke-invited-to-blue-grey-national-all-american-combine/article_4a15a7d6-2551-11e6-aa7e-df7fa2eddd62.html

Lots of eyes on Graham Football the next couple of seasons.  The parents and coaches are working hard on this  end of the county to get these kids noticed an it's paying off.  Surely others on the team will benefit from this and get some recognition as well.  

With the offensive talent that Graham and Bluefield have returning this upcoming season... the city of Bluefield had better invest in some scoreboard lights!!!

http://www.bdtonline.com/sports/cooke-invited-to-blue-grey-national-all-american-combine/article_4a15a7d6-2551-11e6-aa7e-df7fa2eddd62.html

Lots of eyes on Graham Football the next couple of seasons.  The parents and coaches are working hard on this  end of the county to get these kids noticed an it's paying off  Offensively, we should have a great season.

Can't wait to see how the lineplay and defense comes along.  Defense improved throughout the season, but still had a ways to go.  Some of the players have gotten much bigger and stronger during the offseason and that helps a lot.

It would make no sense for him to transfer from a place where he is "the" man to a place where he will probably receive less than half of the touches that he's getting now..... I just don't see how they can entice him to come there and make their case.  If it does happen, I guess they'll be selling some ocean front property over there in Richlands as well.  That would not be a good move for that young man.