Division 2 2016

freeatlast2013

I would say Buckingham County also, just because they gave Richlands a decent fight last season in the playoffs. Not sure how much they lost from last season though. Gretna, you never can tell.... Dan River is usually pretty decent also.

That entire team was big, but Ragland was the reason they were so good, IMO. He graduated so it will be interesting to see just how good they can be without him. I feel like a lot of their defense graduated as well.

I have friends in the Buckingham area they say that they will down a little, 5-6 wins are what a lot of them are saying. They were never competitive until about ten years ago and had an incredible run of athletes like Gretna did a few years back. I'd say the same half dozen as usual, but Union lost a lot of athlete's and may take a small step back during the regular season but be ok by playoff time.

Appomattox is still very talented. They do replace some key positions though.

Richlands is loaded on offense and just need a defense to step up.

Union lost some big time athletes, but Mitchell is still there and he's a beast.

Giles is a bit unknown at this point.

So is Glenvar.

Graham is my dark horse. They will be a good team this year.

Those are my way too early top 6.

Appomattox is top dog until someone beats them out this year.

Richlands is always tough.

Union is always tough. I don't know if they will be as good this coming year. 

I would never count out Giles.

Graham should be tough.

I can see Glenvar hosting a first round game. 

Dan River will probably be decent.

Graham

Union lost some big time athletes, but Mitchell is still there and he's a beast.

So is Glenvar.

Graham's offense will put a lot of points on the board, they set a school record last season.... I look for them to break that this season.... HOWEVER, the defense is STILL nowhere near where it needs to be.  They have 3 or 4 guys on defense that will run through their tackles and wrap up, the rest like to arm tackle and drag players to the ground.... not going to beat a good team come playoff time, unless that gets fixed.  

This may be the fastest team Graham has ever put on a football field this season.....but if you can't get somebody to the ground, that speed does you no good on defense.  The other teams will gladly march down the field taking big chunks at a time.  

So is Glenvar.

Richland's is definitely the team to beat, Union will be tougher than some people expect but will be more run oriented with Fannon getting most of the carries, and I also thank Graham is the dark horse team with Central and Gate City close behind, don't know what to expect from Ridgeview.

Richland's is definitely the team to beat, Union will be tougher than some people expect but will be more run oriented with Fannon getting most of the carries, and I also thank Graham is the dark horse team with Central and Gate City close behind, don't know what to expect from Ridgeview.

Central may surprise some people.

I have friends in the Buckingham area they say that they will down a little, 5-6 wins are what a lot of them are saying. They were never competitive until about ten years ago and had an incredible run of athletes like Gretna did a few years back. I'd say the same half dozen as usual, but Union lost a lot of athlete's and may take a small step back during the regular season but be ok by playoff time.

Saw on Facebook today that Coach Gill has decided to retire at Buckingham also. 

I wonder about the state of Buckingham, they have had a very bad off season. One of their players were shot and killed by the police in Richmond, I believe and now coachless, but they have had a nice run. #Edit, the player was not killed in Richmond, he was killed in the county by a deputy, I read the story in the Richmond paper.

Keep their QB from running all over you and they're hopeless.

Exactly. We forced him to pass last year and it showed how one-dimensional that offense was. Kid is a great running QB, but he needs to work on passing to contend with the top 4-6 in the west.

Good football teams shut Mullins down! It's not a knock against him, but like everyone says they are just too relying on the run. In today's game you have to have a very very special run game to not get shut down.

Example = "Galax"

Gate City couldn't a stopped him with thirteen players on the field. They are very one dimensional on offense, superior defense always wins. Ask the Carolina Panthers 

Buckingham County is a whole nother thread on it's own, I mean the behavior of them. They are the absolute worst I have ever seen anywhere.