Mountain District

trumpet1988

How does the MD turn out this year?

Does Union repeat as the MD Champ or will a new team be crowned?

I know Union lost some people to graduation, like Bryce Spears. The QB will presumably be Bailey Turner. 

I look for Lee and John Battle to mostly finish the same. I don't know if and how much Ridgeview or Central improve. I think Gate City will have some improvement. I don't know if they'll be the normal GC juggernaut right off but with the new coach, things should get better. I can see them at 5-5 at worst.

Gate Citys murders row schedule makes it tough to predict a record for me. To go 5-5, they will have to beat some quality teams. I still think Union wins it, but I don't think they go undefeated again this year.

Union lost less than twenty to graduation I believe, they may struggle early in the season but be o.k. come the playoffs, I have no clue how the Blue Devils will be could be 6-4, 7-3 or could be 0-10 or 1-9. Ridgeview will continue it's baby steps march I guess Lee and Central are the wildcards. I think Union repeats by default until someone beats them their the champ. Battle is Battle for a short time they were relevant but no more. It has become the coaching graveyard it has always been. I have a friend who played at Va. High and he used to them call Bristol Least. 

I don't know what to think of lee, if they go power point of attack football they will keep things close and be in a lot of games.

If they spread it out and just trap option all night, it will be a blowout season.

I see Ridgeview making a push, and I've been high on GC since last year

My selection

Union

Gc/Ridgeview

Central/Lee

Battle

Ridgeview loses a lot on both Lines but will have some quality Backs.

If Lee doesn't go to a more power oriented game I would be shocked but outside of Rasnic idk if they really have the talent for that type of game(no #2 FB, no TE, etc).

GC should improve but their schedule is killer.

Union should take a step back but still be really good.

Battle should come in last, I believe they graduated the best of what they had.

Central lost a lot up front but returns most of their Backs. I see them being a serious contender for #2

Lee can't win the Mountain District because Union is in it, and Union lives in Lee's head. The consistency Lee needs to have is just not there. Union owns you, as does GC for that part, Ridgeview will be better and you will have trouble with Central. So look for third at best but probably fourth.

Lee can't win the Mountain District because Union is in it, and Union lives in Lee's head. The consistency Lee needs to have is just not there. Union owns you, as does GC for that part, Ridgeview will be better and you will have trouble with Central. So look for third at best but probably fourth.

Union and the refs they pay, owns lee. There I fixed it for you

Yep, that explains it. It's not the massive talent disparity, or the incredible winning tradition begetting success, or even the fact that Wise County is one of the few counties in SWVA that seems to have an idea what it's doing regarding its public schools.

It's bribery.

Yep, that explains it. It's not the massive talent disparity, or the incredible winning tradition begetting success, or even the fact that Wise County is one of the few counties in SWVA that seems to have an idea what it's doing regarding its public schools.

It's bribery.

Did you expect anything less than a cop-out excuse?

It's bribery.

COMPLETE DOMINANCE and talent disparity over recent history. http://www.vhsl-reference.com/mastergames_allyears_byteam_rivals.cfm?ID2=11318&ID=10476

Overall is bribery the cause, nah, but an "*" is needed, Barry bonds.

It's bribery.

I don't know you or GMan other than to chat on this site but I find myself perusing certain threads thinking "damn, I can't wait to read what UVAO and GMan have to say on this subject!"

wait didn't you blow up like a little kid, cry so hard and block me? Shouldn't you ignore this entire thread since I posted in it?

You are blocked, yes. Clearly you don't know how that works on here. I see every time you post, but the content is hidden. It asks me if I want to see it or not, which I never do. However, in this case, UVAO quoted what you said, and in that case, I can see what you said regardless of if you are blocked or not. 

So no, I shouldn't ignore an entire thread just because of one poster who, at this point, no one takes seriously. 

Back to ignoring everything that you do. Good day. 

Not debating over the validity of the call in 2014. I will say it wasn't a good call. That said, every team has benefitted and will continue to benefit from a bad call. It's not good. It's not fair. It doesn't mean the team who got the benefit paid the refs. As long as refs are human, you're going to have bad calls. 

Hate to jump in on your guys argument but the bad call everyone keeps bringing up, Union scored on the play before and it was called back on a phantom holding call if u can't stop 2 hail Marys in a row u deserve to lose

Yeah. If there really was a pay off, people can't explain that call other than "well you have to call something that obvious." Refs don't always make the obvious calls, even if it was obvious.