Football game needed for 2017-2018 cycle.

MrSocko

Hurley High School needs a football game the first week of the season in 2017 and 2018. Contact the AD, Mark Cooper, at the school. You can reach him at one of these numbers: (276)566-8334, (276)566-7088 and (276)566-7642. Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Worst and most hostile environment I've ever been around at Hurley. I think even the refs were intimidated. It shows, everybody is dropping them.

Not to mention the indoor/outdoor carpet laid over concrete on sideline next to bleachers. Also where the fence is about five feet (if that) from sideline. And the fans stand there and scream, cuss and try to fight right on that fence line. Just not sure who'd want any part of that and frankly, since safety is such a big issue I'm not sure how VHSL condones the behavior and playing field conditions at Hurley in their current state.

Worst and most hostile environment I've ever been around at Hurley. I think even the refs were intimidated. It shows, everybody is dropping them.

Not to mention the indoor/outdoor carpet laid over concrete on sideline next to bleachers. Also where the fence is about five feet (if that) from sideline. And the fans stand there and scream, cuss and try to fight right on that fence line. Just not sure who'd want any part of that and frankly, since safety is such a big issue I'm not sure how VHSL condones the behavior and playing field conditions at Hurley in their current state.

Was nice knowing you

Why so salty? You butthurt? Hurley isn't losing anything by Holston and the three amigos from the Cumberland dropping Hurley after next season. What....ten wins between the four teams? Hurley has their schedule set for 2017 with better teams. The VHSL has approved that field time and time again over the last eight years since the redesign. The VHSL approved t as recently in November for the home playoff game.

Maybe you should have gotten drunk like the bunch from Twin Springs did this year. The alcohol might have made your experience more tolerable. The stadium was cleaned the next day and where the Twin Springs fans were sitting was where they found about 6 Bootleggers wine bottles and some Budweiser bottles. LOL

Not salty, just don't see how that is safe. The carpet over that concrete doesn't offer much in the way of protection. Never a fan of close fences like that either, although there are other schools with a similar setup in terms of closeness.

Only place I can compare atmosphere the fans give opposing teams is maybe GC, but everything is more confined at Hurley. It did seem like a hostile environment though, and like I said it even seemed to have an impact on the officials. It's not a trip many will want to make due to travel and that environment. It's a rough one.

Only place I can compare atmosphere the fans give opposing teams is maybe GC, but everything is more confined at Hurley. It did seem like a hostile environment though, and like I said it even seemed to have an impact on the officials.

LOL, silly 6...

Have you folks from Hurley called Sullivan North in Kingsport, they need a game or two for next year, they will come and play up there, if you are willing to come to Kingsport. call them and see if they still need games.

Have you folks from Hurley called Sullivan North in Kingsport, they need a game or two for next year, they will come and play up there, if you are willing to come to Kingsport. call them and see if they still need games.

Thanks for the lead but I think the last team Hurley picked up will be from the Mountain District. If it falls thru then Hurley will travel. Hurley played Unaka and Tri Cities Christian a couple of years ago.

And which football palace does your team play at?

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

• 2 months later...

The Hurley High AD wanted me to post that Hurley needs two games for the 2017-2018 season. Week 1, week 4 and week 6 is available. Hurley picked up Eastern Montgomery, Pike Central KY and Tug Valley WV for the next cycle. Holston, Twin Springs, Castlewood, Eastside and Shelby Valley KY dropped Hurley for next season. Why? IDK.The AD thought he needed just one more game but a AA school that is 45 minutes from Hurley decided last week they would rather play Tazewell after Hurley beat them in a scrimmage in August. Anyway, you can contact Mark Cooper at Hurley High School with the following numbers 566-7088, 566-8334 and 566-7642.

The Hurley High AD wanted me to post that Hurley needs two games for the 2017-2018 season. Week 1, week 4 and week 6 is available. Hurley picked up Eastern Montgomery, Pike Central KY and Tug Valley WV for the next cycle. Holston, Twin Springs, Castlewood, Eastside and Shelby Valley KY dropped Hurley for next season. Why? IDK.The AD thought he needed just one more game but a AA school that is 45 minutes from Hurley decided last week they would rather play Tazewell after Hurley beat them in a scrimmage in August. Anyway, you can contact Mark Cooper at Hurley High School with the following numbers 566-7088, 566-8334 and 566-7642.

I assume you are referring to Ridgeview? I am not sure just speculating. If that is the case, Ridgeview would gain more points for post season if they played Tazewell, a similar size school. Not just becuase of size but with rider points and such too. Just speculating. 

Tough road for Hurley... Not many want to make that trip and with people dropping them I am sure it is tough to find replacements. 

I think a lot of people dont understand how difficult it can be to get schedules made.  Football has to be really tough with the limited number of dates available.  I know trying to help fill out a baseball schedule at my alma mater when I was coaching was tough enough.