Football game needed for 2017-2018 cycle.

MrSocko

I love see tazewell play hurley. We use play honaker. We play grundy. I know everybody wants to get in the playoffs but good opponents makes better playoff teams.

That would be fun to watch! Enrollment numbers is always an issues for schools playing each other for some odd reason. But on the field it's 11 on 11. And regardless of school enrolment numbers, I would actually prefer to see talent vs. talent and see what happens!

When PV, Appy, Wise, Pound, St Paul and Coeburn consolidated that took several schools

Out of A1, which makes it that much harder for some A1 schools to schedule A1 schools.

Eastside still may schedule A1, but Ridgeview and Central are going after A2 schools to

Play. As more schools consolidate, the problem for A1 schools that remain in SWVA will

Only get tougher.

That would be fun to watch! Enrollment numbers is always an issues for schools playing each other for some odd reason. But on the field it's 11 on 11. And regardless of school enrolment numbers, I would actually prefer to see talent vs. talent and see what happens!

Totally agree. Needs be more local football then have travel couple hrs or more for a football games.

But its not 11 on 11. Its 22 on 22, except when a really small school plays a school twice their size its 22 v 11.  This years Hurley team could play with any school in SWVA other than Union or Richlands but wouldn't win many of those games. Numbers make a big difference.

Give me 35 vs your 20 with equally talented players and I will beat you 9 times out of 10

But its not 11 on 11. Its 22 on 22, except when a really small school plays a school twice their size its 22 v 11.  This years Hurley team could play with any school in SWVA other than Union or Richlands but wouldn't win many of those games. Numbers make a big difference.

Give me 35 vs your 20 with equally talented players and I will beat you 9 times out of 10

11 clean jersey's coming on the field as good as the 11 walking off pays dividends. absolutely agree with you.

No excuses from this Giles fan. Giles had too many chances to put this game out of reach but stalled out too many times. Grahams defense done great with bending and not breaking. I seen Graham fans crying more than anything on here even though they won.

Put it out of reach? Giles led by a whopping 1 point at its largest, aided by some of the most corrupt/incompetent officiating this side of 1981 Martinsville. That singular awful roughing the passer call is what kept Graham from blowing Giles out, if anything.

Sorry officiating is sorry officiating, win or lose.

Corrupt officiating? That's laughable. Now incompetent I can agree with. Giles got down 13 to 0 with 8 minutes to go in the first quarter but after that Graham only had 2 or 3 first downs until late in the fourth quarter. It was a good game between 2 good teams. Everyone is getting butt hurt over bad officiating which didn't effect the outcome. The more talented team won. Both teams need to worry about the next 6 weeks instead of last week

Put it out of reach? Giles led by a whopping 1 point at its largest, aided by some of the most corrupt/incompetent officiating this side of 1981 Martinsville. That singular awful roughing the passer call is what kept Graham from blowing Giles out, if anything.

Sorry officiating is sorry officiating, win or lose.

I hope these 2 meet up again at Mitchell. Giles hasn't lost on that field yet, but I'm sure bad officiating is the cause for that right?

C'Mon Man! Lol let me debunk you're quote by saying most teams in SWVA have players playing in all areas. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. And yes that means 2A football teams too. Hurley's not Rye Cove, Thomas Walker, Holston or Twin Valley. They have a skill set that could play Tazewell and could possibly win. Tazewell and Honaker have around the same number of players on the roster and Hurley plays Honaker and their expected to beat Honaker. Everybody knows Hurley fans on here play the school enrolment card but they have 30 players which is a good size team for their school. So Hurley's not the only team that has players playing every where. Not asking them to play really good teams just teams with the same level of talent. 11 on 11, 22 on 22 or 33 on 33.

C'Mon Man! Lol let me debunk you're quote by saying most teams in SWVA have players playing in all areas. Offense, Defense and Special Teams. And yes that means 2A football teams too. Hurley's not Rye Cove, Thomas Walker, Holston or Twin Valley. They have a skill set that could play Tazewell and could possibly win. Tazewell and Honaker have around the same number of players on the roster and Hurley plays Honaker and their expected to beat Honaker. Everybody knows Hurley fans on here play the school enrolment card but they have 30 players which is a good size team for their school. So Hurley's not the only team that has players playing every where. Not asking them to play really good teams just teams with the same level of talent. 11 on 11, 22 on 22 or 33 on 33.

Winning teams will always have a larger roster than losing teams and Hurley has had some good seasons since Coach Tester has taken over. I said earlier our enrollment hinders us from being able to compete with larger schools regularly, in such a way as if a school with larger enrollment numbers has 30-40 kids come out to play there is a greater chance that a higher percentage of those kids will be better athletes as opposed to a school with smaller enrollment numbers. Regardless of what your wife tells you, size does matter. 

Winning teams will always have a larger roster than losing teams and Hurley has had some good seasons since Coach Tester has taken over. I said earlier our enrollment hinders us from being able to compete with larger schools regularly, in such a way as if a school with larger enrollment numbers has 30-40 kids come out to play there is a greater chance that a higher percentage of those kids will be better athletes as opposed to a school with smaller enrollment numbers. Regardless of what your wife tells you, size does matter. 

Seriously, why do you Hurley folks always turn to nonsense. You talking size of things, one talking about Catholic Priest playing with little boys. Nobody knows each other on here personally or at least I don't. You all are SCARED of competition over there. Shouldn't even bring it up or debate it cause Hurley's never going step up and test themselves!

Seriously, why do you Hurley folks always turn to nonsense. You talking size of things, one talking about Catholic Priest playing little boys. Nobody knows each other on here personally or at least I don't. You all are SCARED of competition over there. Shouldn't even bring it up or debate it cause Hurley's never going step up and test themselves!

Nonsense is thinking that numbers have nothing to do with success. 

Nonsense is thinking that numbers have nothing to do with success. 

Well now I know. You're saying Hurley is not good enough to play Tazewell or any team with more than 40 players cause those teams have more weapons and depth. I'm sorry Man! And I should've knew better than to compare Hurley to 2A or 1A schools with more players and cause of just getting mismatched in everyway.

Well now I know. You're saying Hurley is not good enough to play Tazewell or any team with more than 40 players cause those teams have more weapons and depth. I'm sorry Man! And I should've knew better than to compare Hurley to 2A or 1A schools with more players and cause of just getting mismatched in everyway.

You should go back and read my post. I said we couldn't compete REGULARLY due to our enrollment size. I wouldn't mind if they scheduled all 2A for that matter. I'm just saying getting clobbered year in and year out helps neither team. This year and the past 2 or 3 would've been great to have the teams everyone is talking about scheduled. But when the current group of kids graduate there's no telling when the next group of solid athletes will come through, again, due to the numbers. Are you with me now? This has nothing to do with not wanting to play up to better competition. 

You should go back and read my post. I said we couldn't compete REGULARLY due to our enrollment size. I wouldn't mind if they scheduled all 2A for that matter. I'm just saying getting clobbered year in and year out helps neither team. This year and the past 2 or 3 would've been great to have the teams everyone is talking about scheduled. But when the current group of kids graduate there's no telling when the next group of solid athletes will come through, again, due to the numbers. Are you with me now? This has nothing to do with not wanting to play up to better competition. 

Here is me and most peoples arguments on here. You, Big John, Rebel yell and vols fan has no right to come on hear and talk about how great Hurley is until you all get tested. We know this is Hurley's best team in years and has all the weapons to go far! But you all sure do like jumping the gun. Example I said a Hurley vs. Tazewell would be a interesting game to see but we all know that's not happening this season. But Big John said "you wouldn't love it for long". Why? Sounds like he's already implying like Hurley would kill Tazewell. Please play somebody before making ignorant comments. Which won't be until November then will all know. Then you all will either be doing all the bragging about how right you all was and how wrong we was or you all eat your words. I like your comment above and it makes sense but I don't see Grundy, Patrick Henry, Richlands, Union, Graham, Abingdon, Lee, Wythe, Giles, Galax on here beating their chest like you all cause their undefeated or loss to high level teams! Hurley needs to wake up and just keep it real cause other schools with good records aren't coming on here and bragging as much. Just cool the jets a little and stop being so defensive.