Football game needed for 2017-2018 cycle.

MrSocko

Winning teams will always have a larger roster than losing teams and Hurley has had some good seasons since Coach Tester has taken over. I said earlier our enrollment hinders us from being able to compete with larger schools regularly, in such a way as if a school with larger enrollment numbers has 30-40 kids come out to play there is a greater chance that a higher percentage of those kids will be better athletes as opposed to a school with smaller enrollment numbers. Regardless of what your wife tells you, size does matter. 

Ouch!

If a team is good enough, they can compete with larger schools year in and year out and still be successful. Appalachia and John I. Burton did it for years. Burton had limited success at times, but Appy played PV, GC, Lee (when Lee was really really tough), and then they would go across state lines to play the likes of Sullivan North. A step up in competition never hurts a good team...especially a well established, solid program. IMO, I think it would benefit Hurley to schedule tougher schools regardless of whether they are 1A or 2A...it would also dispel any criticism of their schedule. Being the smaller school, they would have little to lose in that scenario.

Irish Fan, we would love for you to brag on your team a little. Come on let us hear about them, I enjoy people being proud to say we have a really good team, let us hear about it.

Is this Rebel_Yell? Same ole same ole... 

Irish will not brag on his team because it is boastful. Union, Graham, Richlands, etc do not hop on here and exclaim greatness everytime they win. Richlands beat Central/Va High handedly and not much word was on this forum. JLA broke a school record (nearly a state record) in the first half and not much mention on this forum. (JLA threw for 7 TDs in the va high game... did not play most of the second half).

I guess what I am trying to get at is Hurley is thumping their chest after beating inferior teams. No one outside of Hurley is really talking much about them so you guys are on here trying to get some excitement stirred up. Rightfully so, but realize most of the state realize you all haven't played anyone. Once you knock off a good team I promise most of this board will probably be singing your alls praises.

Irish Fan, we would love for you to brag on your team a little. Come on let us hear about them, I enjoy people being proud to say we have a really good team, let us hear about it.

Too early to brag. Always stay humble till all the test have been past. Plus my alma mater school plays Richlands and some other legit teams. And I have enough sense to know they won't win all of them. Maybe if they had a easier schedule I would be bragging too.

Hey Dickless, if you have something that you need to say to me, by all means say it. Honestjohn is not me. You're truly a pathetic person. You hide behind your screen taking potshots at Hurley, just like Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver, but you never want to divulge what powerhouse team you guys pull for. You dodge that question time and time again. If you can't answer his question as to which teams are available for week1, 4, or 6, you, Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver need to find your own team threads and take care of you own damn business.

Hey Dickless, if you have something that you need to say to me, by all means say it. Honestjohn is not me. You're truly a pathetic person. You hide behind your screen taking potshots at Hurley, just like Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver, but you never want to divulge what powerhouse team you guys pull for. You dodge that question time and time again. If you can't answer his question as to which teams are available for week1, 4, or 6, you, Irish-Fan18, and UVAObserver need to find your own team threads and take care of you own damn business.

jimmies-rustle-gif_gp_2425955.jpg

Lol this got out of hand quick. I'm sorry for joining in on the verbal onslaught that has been this week haha. Merely offered my opinion on our scheduling issues. I will now sit back with my popcorn and watch this play out....as you were

It appears that 2A River View has backed out of the contract after Hurley spanked them badly at the Twin Valley jamboree. That's a shame, but I am really glad that Hurley has picked up Tazewell. If anyone knows of any other available teams during the weeks of 1, 4, and 6, please let thevols know. I think someone may have mentioned something about J.I. Burton. That may be another lead to follow to fill the schedule. I'd really not like to play the same team multiple times in the same year if it can be avoided.