Cumberland District Football

Hoosyadaddy

Does anybody knock down the "juggernaut" of JIB this year? TW had some good young talent last year as did Twin Springs. EastSide has an older team with some young talent coming back. Does Rye cove capitalize off their sudden growth in numbers last year? How will Castlewood deal with returning senior QB Josh Wood?

If I was guessing

Jib

Castlewood/ts

Tw/eastside

Rye cove (dark horse) might surprise some people.

New coaches - tw and eastside

Rebuilding - rc

As far as what I know, TW has hit the weights earlier and harder than I have seen in the past. Now if that translates, we will see. I have little faith in the staff we have, and wouldn't be surprise if something bad happens

I think the key for Eastside is to get their athletes out. Seems like their best athletes always play basketball/baseball but not football. From a numbers perspective the Cumberland should be theirs easily I think.

Norton - they'll be Norton. They know their system. They just graduated a LOT, plus Savon Wadsworth transferred.

TS - Who knows. Lost some talent. Switching offenses. No football tradition to build upon. Could see a very good season or an abysmal one.

RC - not happening this year. Not even close.

CW - All hinges on the Woods kid. Not sure if he is even playing, but talk is cheap.

TW - No idea. Seemed to come on at end of last season. Did Coomer leave voluntarily? If so, don't see that happening if they had something to build upon.

I think the key for Eastside is to get their athletes out. Seems like their best athletes always play basketball/baseball but not football. From a numbers perspective the Cumberland should be theirs easily I think.

Norton - they'll be Norton. They know their system. They just graduated a LOT, plus Savon Wadsworth transferred.

TS - Who knows. Lost some talent. Switching offenses. No football tradition to build upon. Could see a very good season or an abysmal one.

CW - All hinges on the Woods kid. Not sure if he is even playing, but talk is cheap.

TW - No idea. Seemed to come on at end of last season. Did Coomer leave voluntarily? If so, don't see that happening if they had something to build upon.

Commer left "voluntarily" for Lee high to be an assistant, he was also feeling MAJOR political pressure to leave. New coach is hand picked by a board member but I question his knowledge and ability to be professional.

(He wanted to go but he didn't really have a choice anyways)

• 4 weeks later...

Where did Wadsworth transfer too? Just curious.