7 on 7

#1BLUESFAN

The LB's Richlands had last year is going to be hard to replace for sure. They were fun to watch. No matter what team you're pulling for on Friday nights getting to watch kids play the way they did is what makes high school football great.

Oh absolutely! Same with getting to watch Sturgill play at Abingdon. Or Mitchell at Union. Cousin at Graham (except the Richlands game, he only had like 57 yards that game). When you get to see these kids that just play the game so well, it's really a treat to watch.

Cousin will have help in the backfield. Won't be able to key on him. Because the other back can take it to the house. Passing game will be excellent. This will

probably be the fastest team that Graham has ever put on a football field. Defense for Graham, Richlands

And Bluefield will determine how far each of these teams go this season. Better order extra scoreboard lights this season when these teams play.

Just out of curiosity what position did Fuller play last year. Looks like he's lined up to be QB at Bluefield this year.

Richlands biggest worries are at LB. The line will be just as good as last year, and that's hard to do given what we lost, but I feel this group could be special. The secondary has some good potential as well. I know they are trying out several different players in lots of positions back there to see what group produces best. If we can just find some consistent LB play, this defense can be more than capable of shutting down some teams and stopping others enough to let our offense go out there and put some points up. Just one mans opinion, however.

Just out of curiosity what position did Fuller play last year. Looks like he's lined up to be QB at Bluefield this year.

He was a QB growing up, but with JLA as the QB, we put him at WR/DB. But he's not a bad QB at all.

I thought they were going to. But apparently, it wasn't on the schedule this year.

I had heard Northside was scheduled to be there as well. Don't know if that was wrong or if they just didn't attend.

Appomattox beat the blues today at the 7 on 7.that was richlands only loss

Appo is going to have another fantastic season again this year !  With what they have coming back and the experience of winning a championship last year,  they are the odds on favorite to win it again this year I believe.

Appo is going to have another fantastic season again this year ! With what they have coming back and the experience of winning a championship last year, they are the odds on favorite to win it again this year I believe.

They are certainly the champs until someone proves otherwise.

Appo is going to have another fantastic season again this year ! With what they have coming back and the experience of winning a championship last year, they are the odds on favorite to win it again this year I believe.

I still say a team with a stud running back, ie graham, could beat them on any giving night. Unless they address that problem, it could be a potential weakness. Even last year Lee ran all over them with rasnic and Haynes the year before.

Are they the favorite, yes, would I bet against them, oh hell no, but is the framework there to beat them yes.

• 2 weeks later...

Ft. Chiswell didn't show up.

Richlands only played GW and Blacksburg. They played both of them twice. Went 4-0 on the day. Beat GW 5-1 and 6-1 and Blacksburg 4-3 and 7-4.

Offense will be fine. Rotated a lot of players on defense. Trying to find the right combination.

Richlands passing game is very good but what happens when a good defensive team forces us into a running game. We have no one to run the ball, after the graduation of Blankinship

To the recruitment trail?

Richlands passing game is very good but what happens when a good defensive team forces us into a running game. We have no one to run the ball, after the graduation of Blankinship

James White will be the starter. He ran last year when Blankenship was gassed or hurt. He's got good instincts and he's not afraid to lower his shoulder. I also think you'll see some of our slot guys like Collins and Booker get motioned into the backfield some.

You don't need a big year from the RBs. Just need enough of a threat to keep the defense honest. If they drop 6 or 7 in coverage, we have to be able to get 10-15 yards on a draw to make them change their defense.

What happens to the Richlands season if the the QB goes down to injury?  Everybody has a soft underbelly somewhere.  Could this be their's?  I know Graham will be deep at skill positions, but questionable on the line.  And defense?  Soft till proven otherwise.

There's no way anyone can down the effect of losing JL would have one their season. The backup has been working hard going to camps but he'll certainly lack the experience. Their run game I'm sure will be effective because of JL and the pass.

The same question could be asked about Graham. What if Cousin goes down to injury?I think Graham will continue to show improvement on the defensive side of the ball. I've heard Graham will have a couple kids playing guard around 185lbs that have never played on the line. That may be a problem.

What happens to the Richlands season if the the QB goes down to injury?  Everybody has a soft underbelly somewhere.  Could this be their's?  I know Graham will be deep at skill positions, but questionable on the line.  And defense?  Soft till proven otherwise.

May just have to trade a washing machine to Bluefield to get Fuller back. 

There's no way anyone can down the effect of losing JL would have one their season. The backup has been working hard going to camps but he'll certainly lack the experience. Their run game I'm sure will be effective because of JL and the pass.

The same question could be asked about Graham. What if Cousin goes down to injury?I think Graham will continue to show improvement on the defensive side of the ball. I've heard Graham will have a couple kids playing guard around 185lbs that have never played on the line. That may be a problem.

Poquoson's line averaged just over 200 lbs... At least when i looked at the Game program, I recall them not having any really big kids, but a lot of lean athletic types.

We had a kid that played nose guard when I was in High School that was about 145 lbs and nobody could handle him....  

You may have heard wrong, however..you know how people talk... couple around 200 to 220 that I can think of... One kid will go about 260, one about 240.....(of the ones that I think have a shot to play)... I have no clue, but if a 185 pounder beats them out, so be it.  Graham has had some hard nosed-tough kids that were undersized in the past that did just fine.

Main thing is they have that toughness and drive that Graham used to be known for.  I think Palmer is starting to get some players like that.  This group of kids has been working extremely hard.  Whatever happens this season, it won't be for a lack of effort.