Just throwing this out there!

Thanks to all those responsible for this site.  It isn't the norm in today's internet world for similar sites to be monitored in a fair, equitable and unbiased way and remain free for members to participate. 

As I have stated before, I am a golf junkie.  I have been a member of a golf forum similar to this for 7 years.  That site often takes "hot topics" and moves them from the "free forums" section, where all threads begin, into the "debate forums" section that requires financial "gifts" (love their choice of wording) in order to continue participation.  Each individual site member that has participated in the "free" thread is then sent a private message saying "The thread titled _____________has been moved into the Debate section.  To further participate in this lively conversation, please make a gift in the amount of $34.95 and become a member of The Albatross Club".  

I wouldn't be so put off by the audacity if it weren't so extremely lowbrow.  If they would just make the site a paid entity, it wouldn't seem so ridiculously manipulative.

Again, thanks to those who make this site what it is.  

Rant over!