I am seriously considering to begin playing as a new course recently opened up at Sugar Hollow and the recreation is wildly increasing in popularity around here.  Does anyone play?  If so, what's best recommended for starters as far as course to play, what to buy to get started, etc.

• 1 year later...

• 4 weeks later...

I would love to give it a try.   As a wheelchair user I wonder how the terrain is at Sugar Hollow park.  I'm assuming a scooter would be much more advantageous for my old man arms than my manual wheelchair.

Anyone played Sugar Hollow? Thoughts?

Thanks

Sugar Hollow is a BEAST of a course.  It's a full 18 holes, all with very long yardage.  I would not let that be your first experience.  For a first timer, I would try the one at Virginia Highlands Community College in Abingdon, or the one at Steele Creek in Bristol, Tennessee.  Both are 9 holes each and are good for the beginner.  Both do have some elevation changes.  Steele Creek is mid to long yardage holes.  One of the holes has a tree in the middle of the terrain (#6) which will gobble your discs in a heartbeat.  I have lost 3 discs in that damn tree now.  The holes at VHCC are all fairly short yardage (300 yards or less, including 1 very short 120 yarder, which you can ace very easily with an accurate throw).

Here is one of my YouTube subscription channels, where he and his family play the course pro at Sugar Hollow, so you can have an idea of what the course looks like: