any truth that Honaker considering not playing the benefit game

HB Burke

Y'all keep on sleeping on the other teams in this area....

I'm not sleeping on any team. Look at every post I've put about predictions and I mention that my dark horse is Graham. I mention that Union will be tough again. Bluefield will be incredibly hard. I've said that Sturgill is a special player at Abingdon and that as long as he's QB, AHS will be a great team.

But I also know how good our defense is going to be, and the consensus from both Richlands fans and other schools fans is that our defense will let us down. I just don't see it that way.

But I'm certainly not sleeping on any teams.

Y'all keep on sleeping on this defense. ;)

I don't think anyone is sleeping on the big R defense. Even you have said several times that the defense will be the biggest mystery this year. Could it end up being the strong point of this year's team? Sure. Time will tell.

Who is going to step up n b Richlands RB? White is a great kid but he is to small n Booker a great WR he's not a RB so I asked u Richlands fans who can fill that position! Two wks before u guys play Gate City better b finding someone!!

Who is going to step up n b Richlands RB? White is a great kid but he is to small n Booker a great WR he's not a RB so I asked u Richlands fans who can fill that position! Two wks before u guys play Gate City better b finding someone!!

As we've said for a month now, it's a RB my committee. White, Booker, Collins, and Lowe will all see time at RB. You don't have to have a 1000 yard rusher in a system where we have the passing weapons that we do.

I disagree completely.  James White is not too small, that is ridiculous.  He is a more traditional tailback and needs a step to get downhill.  The running game will not play a major role this year.  In Mance's spread, the RB is a pass blocker or bleeds to the flat.  You will not see a game this year in which there is more than 15 running attempts by Richlands.  It is what it is.

I disagree completely. James White is not too small, that is ridiculous. He is a more traditional tailback and needs a step to get downhill. The running game will not play a major role this year. In Mance's spread, the RB is a pass blocker or bleeds to the flat. You will not see a game this year in which there is more than 15 running attempts by Richlands. It is what it is.

hello Achilles how's the heel

If a team attempts to drop 6 or 7 into coverage to try and stop our pass, I have faith that our OL can make a hole for any of our RB to get some yards. That's all you need. You don't need 200+ yards a game. You need someone who can spring a long one when the defense dares you to. White is a very strong runner. He keeps his legs churning and gets second effort yards. You can't ask for anything more.

As we've said for a month now, it's a RB my committee. White, Booker, Collins, and Lowe will all see time at RB. You don't have to have a 1000 yard rusher in a system where we have the passing weapons that we do.

For the most part I agree with you.  You are correct.  However, my concern it getting in the playoffs and not being able to make first downs due to an inability to run the football (Appomattox.)  This will happen, it is inevitable.  I don't see Lowe running the ball, maybe in a goal line package, that would be about it.  Our first four games may be a struggle, I can see this team getting better every week.  However there are teams that play solid defense and can RUN the football, that is the Richlands program's achilles' heel.