3. Honaker

4. Hurley

5. Patrick Henry

6. J I Burton

7. Radford

8. Bland

9. Twin Springs

10 Castlewood

I can agree with Union's spot. Richlands is probably in the right spot. Gate City still has some question marks, as Quincy said. They should be better. I don't know that they will be normal GC right off.

I think Gate City may be a much better team than last season, but the murders row schedule they play may keep the record down. Everybody else looks spot on. Will the Blue's get over the hump and beat Union if they don't do it this year they may never do it.

Am I the only one delusional in thinking Abingdon might be the best at the moment?

Excellent qb as a leader and the strides the coaching staff has made to build an excellent summer program (one previous coaches are surprised about, straight from a assistant mouth)

Abingdon

Graham

Richlands

Union

Giles

Gate city

Wise

Ridgeview

Galax

Virginia

Richlands 

Abingdon

Union

Graham

Galax

George Wythe

Giles

Gate City

Radford

Honaker

Poll Buster:     Hurley

5 G's in a row.......

Can't wait to see where a couple of these teams are at at the end of the season.... lots of talent on some of these teams.

Am I the only one delusional in thinking Abingdon might be the best at the moment?

Excellent qb as a leader and the strides the coaching staff has made to build an excellent summer program (one previous coaches are surprised about, straight from a assistant mouth)

The problem with Abingdon is they don't play defense. They can score but they can't stop anyone because they are a finesse team. Losing Derrick Yates to graduation will hurt them. He scored a majority of their TDs and he created mismatch problems with his size and speed. The Falcons will still be good but unless the D has made strides they won't be able to beat Richlands.

Richlands

Abingdon

Union

Graham

Galax

George Wythe

Giles

Gate City

Radford

Honaker

Poll Buster: Hurley

5 G's in a row.......

Can't wait to see where a couple of these teams are at at the end of the season.... lots of talent on some of these teams.

Same 10 teams, but switching the order:

(1) Richlands

(2) Union

(3) Abingdon

(4) Galax

(5) Graham

(6) Gate City

(7) George Wythe

(8) Giles

(9) Radford

(10) Honaker

The problem with Abingdon is they don't play defense. They can score but they can't stop anyone because they are a finesse team. Losing Derrick Yates to graduation will hurt them. He scored a majority of their TDs and he created mismatch problems with his size and speed. The Falcons will still be good but unless the D has made strides they won't be able to beat Richlands.

There may be a lot of surprises this season.  Abingdon has 23 seniors and very high numbers of juniors and sophomores.  If you hadn't noticed yet,  This isn't the Abingdon of 5 or 10 years ago.  There is a new culture and drive with the Falcons. They return 16 starters from last season.  Losing Derrick Yates to graduation is big but they are very deep at WR.  Likewise, from what Ive seen at the 7on7, they will be fine.

The huge issue with Abingdon is their 80% 2A schedule being a 3A team kills them in the power points.  It's not their fault, they're geographically challenged being the only 3A school west of Christiansburg.  But, Abingdon is put in the situation of having to run the table every season just to get a favorable playoff seed.  Not easy to do playing in a tough 2A conference that boasts Richlands and Graham.

Abingdon is going to be forced to look across state lines I would think to help their power point potential going forward.  I wouldnt be surprised to see them try to add Volunteer with Barry Jones coaching there now.

Abingdon is going to be forced to look across state lines I would think to help their power point potential going forward. I wouldnt be surprised to see them try to add Volunteer with Barry Jones coaching there now.

Jones probably won't be there much longer, especially with a subpar season this year. From what I understand from a few co-workers he's not very well liked in the Church Hill area.