Numbers

futbolking

Equipment handout for most teams is early next week.  Some teams are starting on the 28th.  Some teams are starting on August 1st with their first official practice.  Post numbers here.  How many are practicing? 

Interesting storyline on Wilson Memorial and their numbers of players...following is an excerpt :

Major said 28 varsity players, plus a few jayvee players, were out Thursday for the first two-a-day practice of the summer. The bulk of the jayvee players will report next week

Unfortunately for Major, he didn't see 11 players who played last season and were expected to return this year.

"We didn't have a lot of guys return this year, " said Major. "Our numbers are down."

For the rest of the story...see link below

http://www.newsleader.com/story/sports/high-school/2016/07/28/some-surprises-high-school-football-practice-begins/87660836/

Sadly, there are no more Tom Turners anymore.

Amen. It will be interesting to see what happens to numbers in the next 3-5 years with the population decline combined with parent concerns over the safety of football due to concussions. I could foresee some schools having problems fielding a football team.

Why? Graham will be a couple days behind everyone else.

All teams are limited to the same number of practices. It won't matter. These kids have been going hard all summer long. Several

Are doing stuff on their own time,even... when the coaches aren't here.

I don't know how many Graham is expecting to come out. I know our MS team is probably about half of what it was to begin with last year. 17 or 18 kids right now.

Have they found a coach? That may have something to do with it. They need consistency with their coaches. I was disappointed when Reese wasn't selected.

For varsity, I would guess around 45 -50. We will find out on Monday.

All teams are limited to the same number of practices. It won't matter. These kids have been going hard all summer long. Several

Are doing stuff on their own time,even... when the coaches aren't here.

They'll be a day short, unless they practice M-F until the season starts and then they'll have to practice on a Saturday one week to even get the maximum of 20. Its possible, but they'll wear those kids out with just 1 day of rest between after 6 practices then going into another 5. But maybe Graham is going for the minimum of 15 practices. *shrugs*

They'll be a day short, unless they practice M-F until the season starts and then they'll have to practice on a Saturday one week to even get the maximum of 20. Its possible, but they'll wear those kids out with just 1 day of rest between after 6 practices then going into another 5. But maybe Graham is going for the minimum of 15 practices. *shrugs*

Graham is not going for the minimum anything this season. These guys have worked harder then any Graham team in a number of years. . . They definitely won't be worn out. This is one of the fittest and most athletic teams Graham has ever had. Their biggest issue will be line play and fundamentals on defense. They may struggle against bigger, more physical teams.

May I ask, who is Jason Roberts? I don't keep up much with the middle school lately. I hope they get more kids out to play.

From my understanding he coached Smurf football a couple years and was an assistant at the Peewee level last year. That's all I know about him. I'm not convinced the MS is doing Tony any favors getting these kids ready for HS.

From my understanding he coached Smurf football a couple years and was an assistant at the Peewee level last year. That's all I know about him. I'm not convinced the MS is doing Tony any favors getting these kids ready for HS.

I hear you. Some of the high school coaches may have to reach out to the middle school.

Counted about 30 when I went by the High School today for Graham.  Of course, there may have been others in the weight room or doing something else.  Anybody know how many are out for Graham?  Numbers have been down for a while, was hoping to see them come up a little.

Counted about 30 when I went by the High School today for Graham.  Of course, there may have been others in the weight room or doing something else.  Anybody know how many are out for Graham?  Numbers have been down for a while, was hoping to see them come up a little.

Graham had 46 out but was told that number will likely settle around 40...