Scrimmage Results Thread.

futbolking

Richlands backs fumbled a couple and their qb threw it straight to the DB a couple times. Looked like it might've been the wrong routes run.

I thought George Wythe scored twice in the first 10 plays, Ryan?

Pulaski only tried to throw a few times on Richlands. 3 big pass plays and tbh there wasn't a DB close.

Richlands D looked better against Belfry but to be fair they were running the triple option and Richlands shot 4 people at the center most plays. But they stopped the run for the most part which is the opposite from the big chunks of yards that they gave up to Pulaski County.

The level of play in Kentucky must not be as high as in SWVA. Belfry had some good athletes but they weren't nearly as good as what you would expect a 3 time state champ to be. George Wythe played right with them for the most part.

I'd go

1. Pulaski

2. Richlands

3A. George Wythe

3B. Belfry

That first pick by Asbury, Howie slipped coming out of the break and the DB was given a gift. That wasn't on either of them, just a slip. The Booker TD that he caught near the side was good. He got his left foot down inside the line. 

GW had a second TD called back on a blatant holding on the WR. They scored once on each of their 3 possessions. But the JV teams played the third series'. 

31 is Bookers brother. 

I don't think the Pulaski game would have been the same if Collins was in the secondary. Just my opinion though. 

Richlands backs fumbled a couple and their qb threw it straight to the DB a couple times. Looked like it might've been the wrong routes run.

I thought George Wythe scored twice in the first 10 plays, Ryan?

Pulaski only tried to throw a few times on Richlands. 3 big pass plays and tbh there wasn't a DB close.

Richlands D looked better against Belfry but to be fair they were running the triple option and Richlands shot 4 people at the center most plays. But they stopped the run for the most part which is the opposite from the big chunks of yards that they gave up to Pulaski County.

The level of play in Kentucky must not be as high as in SWVA. Belfry had some good athletes but they weren't nearly as good as what you would expect a 3 time state champ to be. George Wythe played right with them for the most part.

I'd go

1. Pulaski

2. Richlands

3A. George Wythe

3B. Belfry

Belfry had some guys out from what i read and a couple of their 1s didnt play very much. #23 Horton didnt play a lot and he is a monster. That d-line is tough. From what i seen they were pretty even against Pulaski. Maybe 2-2 or so. All about matchups.

Belfry had some guys out from what i read and a couple of their 1s didnt play very much. #23 Horton didnt play a lot and he is a monster. That d-line is tough. From what i seen they were pretty even against Pulaski. Maybe 2-2 or so. All about matchups.

Pulaski is also twice the size of Richlands, and went 9-1 last year in the regular season. You expect them to be really good. 

Feel like the D had prepared more for Belfry than the others, remember many of these guys are 10 grade stepping up to 11, much to learn.

If they learn to prepare for the team that is up next they will grow, just as last years D did in their junior year. 

Belfry didn't throw all them big linemen on the field at one time.  44 committed to Louisville, played some both sides of the ball, 61 Kentucky committee didn't play at all, and 23  some here and some there. On their score they used 23 couple plays and then 44 on score. First  offensive series for Richlands they both were loaded in the D. 

This I would say, they were some very solid teams there tonight, should have plenty to grow and learn from.

This. Those were four teams who are all considered state title contenders in their classifications. You may not find another jamboree around here that features four quality teams like this one did. 

This. Those were four teams who are all considered state title contenders in their classifications. You may not find another jamboree around here that features four quality teams like this one did. 

Agreed.

Enjoyed my first trip to Ernie Hicks, guys. Was a really good collection of quality teams, and I think all four squads can walk away with something to hang their hats on, and something to grow on.

Considering the competition, I was pleased with how we fared. Definitely have some work to do, especially in pass d, but I expected that, somewhat. 

I'm just glad it's football season, fellas.

I have not seen any official 2016 roster for Union High but I was told that Bailey Turner, the likely QB for this year's Bears, will probably be listed at about 6'0" 180 lbs.  Do those dimensions seem to match his appearance on the field at the Stone Castle?

I heard that Union's primary returning ball carrier did not play in the first scrimmage but they have several young backs competing for time on the field.

Also I suspect that the Bears will consistently two platoon the O-line and D-line and that will require some early season adjustments.  They are very deep along the line of scrimmage.

I think several of my sources at the scrimmage were pleasantly surprised by the Bears first real action this season. 

I wasn't close enough to tell, but 6' could be accurate. Especially, when comparing him to his dad. 

That was the two-way starter I was referring to not participating. The primary scrimmage runner, #12, was very impressive. Definitely faster and stronger than last year. 

I think the jamboree at Burton will be much more telling with all the starters in.

I'd go

1. Pulaski

2. Richlands

3A. George Wythe

3B. Belfry

here is a link to a belfry supporter talking about subs and who played who

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/belfry-2016-a-323069-page3.html

here is a link to a belfry supporter talking about subs and who played who

http://bluegrasspreps.com/ky-football-high/belfry-2016-a-323069-page3.html

Thanks for sharing that. I had no idea that Belfry played their backup offensive linemen against Richlands. That makes more sense than Richlands run defense doing a 180•

#10 for Belfry was super quick. He put some moves on a long td run against Pulaski or GW (can't remember which) I just hope someone else besides me seen it.

I feel like this defense will take 2-3 games to gel. Much like last years defense did their junior year. Might cost them 2-3 games like it did Richlands that year, but might also lead to a semifinal run as well. Thought the linebackers were shaky but we are also used to watching two of the best we've ever had back there. D-line looked good, I feel like they're going to be good but won't have one that'll be a consistent play maker like we had last year on the line. Overall I think they can be pretty good with some experience

Yea I would hate to see the actual score of Richlands vs belfry. That would be a meat grinding this year. Something like 6 kids have d1 offers.

4 kids edit

Who has been offered?  Graham has had some invited to invitation only events.  Not sure if any have been offered yet by a D 1 school.    

Who has been offered? Graham has had some invited to invitation only events. Not sure if any have been offered yet by a D 1 school.

One is committed to Kentucky. One is committed to Louisville. And two more have D1 offers but haven't committed yet.

Who has been offered?  Graham has had some invited to invitation only events.  Not sure if any have been offered yet by a D 1 school.    

Cole Bentley - offensive lineman (rivals 3 star rating) - verbally committed to Louisville (around 25 other offers)

Austin Dotson - offensive lineman - verbally committed to Kentucky (other offers from Charlotte, Florida Atlantic, Marshall, Tennessee Tech)

Rayquan Horton - defensive lineman - offers from Ball State, Brown, Eastern Kentucky, Florida Atlantic, Kentucky Christian, Morehead State, Miami-Ohio, Tennessee Tech, Toledo, Western Kentucky

Andrew Fletcher - running back - Kentucky Christian (other smaller college offers)

Noah Corbett - quarterback - Kentucky Christian (other smaller college offers)

Jordan Scott - offensive lineman - Tennessee Tech

Cameron Catron -SB/DB - has Div. II and III offers from Kentucky State and Mount St. Joseph, some others like NAIA Georgetown College

Those are the seniors offered so far, they expect maybe two others, Austin Hall (DE) and Austin Woolum (WR/DB), to receive some small college offers.

I'm not real certain which team was which... So the team with tan color helmet the DAWGS struggle with... Team with red helmets DAWGS matched up well with and out scored if keeping score... Blocking is the issue right now. If they can figure it out, that have the QB and a few rb's that can make things happen.... Hope they do because the Harris kid has the talent to get it done. Defense didn't look to bad... The thing that stuck out to me last night was the play of the J.V. team... Don't know how good Lee High or Central jv teams are but these young guys were out there fighting it out... Think they scrimmage each team twice and got the better of both teams.... Blocking, blocking, blocking if we can get it done Tazewell may be a competitive team, I'm not saying State worthy but hang around in some ballgames... They have some athletes, just hope they work together and get it done!