Marion vs Chilhowie

vols4life

Not so fast! Chilhowie won last year 20-19, but finished 2-8. Marion finished 1-9. That's three

Wins for both teams, and both teams beat a winless 0-10 Holston team.

How did the Big Red do against Lebanon? I know Marion has a lot of skill players back from last year.

Chilhowie looked decent against Honaker, but what about Marion. I am hoping Chilhowie keeps

Improvinng. Two years ago Chilhowie won one game, last year 2 games, so maybe this year 3 games?

Again, how about that Big Red Machine this year?

I haven't saw them yet but I do know that they held a very good leb.team in scrimmage.Im going to the Lee vs Marion benefit so we shall see.Also if you go back other than just recently,the winner of the game usually does much better than the loser.

Yes, you are correct in that the winner of this battle does usually have a descent

Season, but last year was terrible for both teams.

Let's hope that both teams have improved and provide a very good game for both

Communities in the county rival. Best of luck to the Canes this year!

Not so fast! Chilhowie won last year 20-19, but finished 2-8. Marion finished 1-9. That's three

Wins for both teams, and both teams beat a winless 0-10 Holston team.

How did the Big Red do against Lebanon? I know Marion has a lot of skill players back from last year.

Chilhowie looked decent against Honaker, but what about Marion. I am hoping Chilhowie keeps

Improvinng. Two years ago Chilhowie won one game, last year 2 games, so maybe this year 3 games?

Again, how about that Big Red Machine this year?

What's the details on the Chilhowie-Honaker scrimmage?? Anyone else got any info?

Hey guys, don't sell the Tigers short just yet. True, they did not look good Friday,

But they looked young and inexperienced, but they have good numbers and size. Yes, it

Appears they don't have the athletes of the past several years, but these guys may surprise

You, and improve fast. I can see Honaker winning 5, 6 or more games this year.

Chilhowie is no joke this year. They have a very good squad, and will give any team

A fit this year. Just my 2 cents worth.

I agree with you they are young and inexperienced and they will improve. BUT... once a standard is set its hard to digest when that standard is not met. Hopefully they take away from the scrimmage and learn and grow. Alot of work ahead for them if they want to be in any conversation come playoff time.

I saw both teams scrimmage last week against Lebanon and Honaker... the results were both extremely one sided in favor of the Smyth County teams. I saw Marion and Lebanon before the rain delay, and during the 1s vs 1s, I would be surprised if Lebanon mustered 15 yards of offense. I saw Chilhowie vs Honaker while the #2s were on the field, and if the #1s were anywhere near being similar, it had to be a long night for the Tigers.

Long story short, both teams are vastly improved and should contribute to a pretty talented Hogo this year. If recent history has taught us anything, it's that if it's a low scoring game, put your money on Chilhowie; if it's high scoring, put it on Marion. I like Marion's home field advantage, but I like Chilhowie's athleticism. I think if the Warriors win, it will be because of superior talent, and if Marion wins, it will be because of superior coaching.

It's a coin toss for me right now.

It is always good to get Plywood-King's prospective on up coming games. When Marion and Chilhowie

Play, one never knows what to expect. I expect this year to be no different, the rivalry is very

Intense. Of course Marion is the much larger school with 660 students, compared to Chilhowie's

Enrollment of just over 400. Marion should have the edge in just about every year, but Chilhowie alway

Plays hard to make up the difference in numbers, size, & quality athletes that A larger school

Usually has.

To be quite honest, I could not tell the difference between the 1's and 2's for Chilhowie when

They were on the field. I think Chilhowie looked much improved from the last 2 years, and I

Expect Marion to be very much improved also.

I do expect a good game again this year, and may good sportmanship prevail.

Right now I hope Chilhowie's focus is on this week's benefit game with

Castlewood Friday.....that is were my real thoughts are, and not on Marion...

That will be next week.

I think if I were Marion I would kick a couple of kids out and get them off that number. It's now wonder athletics struggle at Marion if you have 666 students. (that sends Chills down my spine)

Those numbers look about right to me, SWVAFB. What's scariest about that is that it wasnt so long ago that Chilhowie was around three hundred students and Marion had around a thousand.

Studying Chilhowie in this rivalry is the perfect example of how to be successful as an underdog. Sure Marion typically has more raw talent, and they have won more games than they've lost in the series, but it's very rarely a lopsided score going either way. Even when Marion won 10 games a couple of years back and Chilhowie only won one, the game was closer than most of Marion's matchups with high ranked 2A teams that year. The Warriors always come into it with a "showing up your big brother" mentality, and the results speak for themselves. It's a very balanced rivalry.