Steven Peoples

Ryan4VT

Got to talk with Peoples today after VT practice. Thought you Galax fellas would like to see this. Here is what he had to say.

ON HOW MUCH WORK HE’S GOTTEN AT RUNNING BACK:

“I’ve been getting a little more than last year. Still not as much, because I’m working at (H-Back), mostly H, more than a running back, so I’m not really working that much at running back.â€

ON DIFFERENCE IN THE H-BACK POSITION COMPARED TO LAST YEAR:

“It’s more like a tight end set back, so I’m in the tight end room instead of the running back room. It’s like translating to basically being a tight end.â€

ON IF HE LIKES IT MORE:

“I kinda like it more. I like being out there, being able to catch balls and stuff like that.â€

ON HIS PASS CATCHING ABILITIES:

“I can catch a little bit. I go out there and work on the jugs machine a little bit. I’ve got pretty good hands.â€

ON JOSH JACKSON:

“He’s just out there doing what he can do, showing them what he’s got.â€

ON IF HE WANTS TO BE A RUNNING BACK OR AN H-BACK:

“It really don’t matter to me. I’m just here to play wherever they want to put me. I’m gonna try to get on the field and do my best to help my team win.â€

ON OFFSEASON WEIGHT GOALS:

“I kinda wanted to gain about five more pounds. I’m sitting around 215 (pounds) right now. Trying to get to 220 (pounds).â€

ON HIS SHAPE AFTER OFFSEASON PROGRAM:

“He has us running a lot so I feel pretty good. I feel like I’m in great shape right now.â€

ON WHAT THE EXTRA WEIGHT WILL HELP WITH:

“I feel like it will make me stronger. Make my pop stronger, dealing with bigger defensive ends and stuff like that.â€

ON HIS WORK ON SPECIAL TEAMS:

“Pretty much working with all special teams right now.â€

• 2 weeks later...