SWVASports.com Preseason Top 10 Fan Poll (OFFICIAL)

GMan

1-  Richlands 262 (20)

2-  Bluefield 223 (2)

3-  Abingdon 220 (6)

4-  Union 202

5-  Graham 136

6-  Pulaski Co. 134

7-  Galax  97

8-  George Wythe 69

9-  Giles 51

10-  Princeton 46

Others receiving votes:  Gate City 32, Radford 16, Ridgeview 11, Central-Wise 10, Hurley 10, Patrick Henry-GS 9, Lee 6, James Monroe 4, Virginia 2

As I was going tallying the poll, one question came to mind...

What do folks see in Princeton that makes you think they are Top 10 worthy???

No one here talks about Princeton, They haven't been very good for quite a while (since the Will Albin days).  They went 5-5 last season in WV AAA and squeaked into the playoffs at the #16 seed and were promptly dispatched 55-7 (after having lost 66-0 in the last game of the regular season).  They only beat three WV AAA teams last year (combined record of 8-22).  They ended the season on a 4-game losing skid and lost by an average margin of 53-8.

So, what do you see that I don't???

No one here talks about Princeton, They haven't been very good for quite a while (since the Will Albin days).  They went 5-5 last season in WV AAA and squeaked into the playoffs at the #16 seed and were promptly dispatched 55-7 (after having lost 66-0 in the last game of the regular season).  They only beat three WV AAA teams last year (combined record of 8-22).  They ended the season on a 4-game losing skid and lost by an average margin of 53-8.

Kinda like Marion ranked 9th in the virginia preps poll last season LOL

Please do tell what team not ranked in the top 10 could go and beat Princeton.

^^ this exactly.

I know a couple people close to the Princeton program and they're high on them this year. It might not amount to anything but I based my opinion on their opinion, plus they hung with Bluefield for a bit last year, and beat James monroe who pulled a few votes.

Team VS. team I would take Princeton over every team that was outside the top 10 in week 1. They do have over 1,000 kids up there.

^^ this exactly.

I know a couple people close to the Princeton program and they're high on them this year. It might not amount to anything but I based my opinion on their opinion, plus they hung with Bluefield for a bit last year, and beat James monroe who pulled a few votes.

Team VS. team I would take Princeton over every team that was outside the top 10 in week 1. They do have over 1,000 kids up there.

They beat James Monroe on a FG as time expired, 17-14.  And James Monroe wasn't that good last year...8-2 but got fat on cupcakes...lost to Bluefield 55-6 and got bounced by the #11 seed in the first round of the WV AA playoffs.

Radford is replacing their whole backfield. Finley and Grant were very dynamic and will be very hard to replace. If he didn't graduate they have a wr that played some qb when Finley was hurt but I don't see him completely replacing the void Finley left.

Radford is replacing their whole backfield. Finley and Grant were very dynamic and will be very hard to replace. If he didn't graduate they have a wr that played some qb when Finley was hurt but I don't see him completely replacing the void Finley left.

Radford is the only team I think would have a shot. Gate City maybe but after watching them yesterday even when Collier was in I'd bet on Princeton. I believe myself that they are top 10 preseason in the area but I never actually thought they would be ranked.

But to your point GMan, Princeton got ranked for the same reason that Bluefield was left off a couple people's lists.West of Tazewell County people don't really keep up with WV football.

Something else to consider, how many people that voted are FROM Richlands? I mean no slight, but this could very well be entitled "who has the most fans on SWVA Forum". Kudos to them for being so involved and caring about their high school but it definitely sways the results.

Something else to consider, how many people that voted are FROM Richlands? I mean no slight, but this could very well be entitled "who has the most fans on SWVA Forum". Kudos to them for being so involved and caring about their high school but it definitely sways the results.

When we did this last year, I didn't have Richlands at 1. If there is a team that comes out and knocks us off, I'll move us down. I feel like most Richlands fans are the same way.

I didn't vote in the poll and I'm a Richlands' fan

Guys, please know that I wasn't speaking derogatorily toward the poll. It's just something else to consider.

Everyone knows the extreme bias toward Richlands thay is on this forum... it's why some uses have me blocked.

They can't see the forest for all the trees.

Everyone knows the extreme bias toward Richlands thay is on this forum... it's why some uses have me blocked.

They can't see the forest for all the trees.

I have you blocked because you go to far greater lengths than any other poster I've ever encountered when it comes to bashing everything I say. If you don't like me, cool. Honestly don't care. I've got better things to care about than what some random guy in the middle of nowhere thinks about me. Don't flatter yourself and think I blocked you because you hate Richlands. You are FAR from the only one who has that sentiment. I'm friends with many on this forum in real life that do not like Richlands athletics. That doesn't change how I feel about them, that is their opinion. You, on the other hand, very rarely ever have anything that, in my opinion only, adds anything to the threads that you grace us with your posing presence. I'm not the only one who feels that way, but I'm not willing to deal with it when there is a magical button that allows me to not deal with it. 

I do see the original point. Richlands posters I would assume had the most votes and I don't think anyone had them ranked lower than #1

I understand the point. I was just pointing out that last year I don't think I had Richlands at number 1 after week 2. It's also not a stretch that Richlands may be number 1 in the area. You can make the argument for Abingdon, Union, and some can for Graham, but it's not as if we are putting them number 1 when we all know they will be a 6-4 type team, ya know?