8-25/26-2016 Score Updates

Ryan4VT

FYI for the Gate City folks... Grayson HS in Gwinnett County, GA  coached by GC alum, Jeff Herron, will be playing IMG Academy out of FL tomorrow night on ESPN...

http://www.gwinnettprepsports.com/schools/grayson/grayson-has-its-hands-full-with-img-academy/article_56cd70f5-f386-5dd3-b9af-93cfe61539c9.html

excerpt:

Grayson will host IMG on Saturday at 6 p.m. in a highly anticipated matchup that will be televised by ESPN 2. Grayson comes in at No. 2 in the nation in USA Today’s Super 25 poll and IMG is No. 4.

Example: Chilhowie does not warm up before the game......2 buses arrive on the field 5

Minutes before the game. Chilhowie takes the field.

For whatever reason, Marion's field house is no longer equipped for two teams to dress and hasn't been for a couple seasons, so the away team uses the locker rooms in the gym. That's why they came down on the bus five minutes before game time, otherwise they would have had to walk down the hill through the home bleachers. My understanding is that they warmed up on the grass field between the high school, intermediate school, and gym.

Regardless, Chilhowie was a better team than they showed. Marion was better prepared, did a better job of adjusting, and just played better. Chilhowie has to learn how to win again. Tonight, they got down by a couple scores and it seemed like it was just business as usual.

I'm a firm believer that there are more important things in life than football. Winning is good, but on the high school level, that's only a fraction of the coach's job. But my goodness, Chilhowie will not dig out of this hole without an attitude change, and that falls back on the coaches.

Locally? Nope. Ridgeview stopped at 66.

The way that game was looking for awhile, I thought we were going to have 80+ at the half.  Jenkins kept throwing the ball and stopping the clock.  Refs finally stepped in and enforced mercy rule with about 4 minutes to go in the half.

Sorry, I and about several hundred fans were wondering were Chilhowie was before the game.

In years past, and at several other schools, the visitors usually just remains around the field or

end zone before the game, or behind the bleachers, and use port-a-potties if necessary.

Any how, that sure did puzzle a lot of fans, and probably throwed off Chilhowie's pre-game warm

Ups a great deal. Some fans like to see the teams warm up, or does that cost extra now for the

Visitors? The pre game did not cause Chilhowie to loose the game, but it

Probably just set the table for things to come the next 3 hours.All of that was

The decisions of the coaching staff.

Chilhowie football is at a cross roads in terms of being a competitive team, or a door mat for

Other schools to kick around. It seems there is no pride in the school or team. I am not going to

Be critical of the staff, but a great deal of the type of team you field rest with the staff.

Chilhowie has the talent to win. I just don't think the desire is there on the field, or on the

Sidelines.

I am not sure how many games Chilhowie can win this year. Many Chilhowie fans left Marion tonight

With a lot of questions, just not me, my friend. Winning is not everything, but If I am not wrong,

That is still why we play the game.

You could see that Marion was far more polished than Chilhowie. It was like their off season was

A great deal more successful than Chilhowie's. I wonder why?

I hope Chilhowie's players are more successful this year, than the last two

Years; but something different is going to have to change in order for success

To come back to Chilhowie Football.

Marion is in good shape. Chilhowie needs to reassess their program at the Varsity level.

Maybe it is time we bury another football at the 50 yard line in Chilhowie!

As long as Chilhowie beats Northwood, it's a successful season.  Lol.

As long as Chilhowie beats Northwood, it's a successful season.  Lol.

I really hope that doesn't happen.  lol.  I thought the last couple of seasons would have been good for the program, (I know I've enjoyed them lol) make them want to win even more.  I will say this, while watching the game the offense was very predictable. Jet sweep to the left the next play was going to be jet to the right, or double hand off to the left next play double hand off to the right.  It was like that all game, both backs wanted to try and get outside every time, hardly ever tried to turn it up.  I was impressed with #10 especially after he went in at QB he is a good athlete.

I really hope that doesn't happen.  lol.  I thought the last couple of seasons would have been good for the program, (I know I've enjoyed them lol) make them want to win even more.  I will say this, while watching the game the offense was very predictable. Jet sweep to the left the next play was going to be jet to the right, or double hand off to the left next play double hand off to the right.  It was like that all game, both backs wanted to try and get outside every time, hardly ever tried to turn it up.  I was impressed with #10 especially after he went in at QB he is a good athlete.

I don't have a dog in the fight.  I just work with folks who support both schools and generally got this feeling from all that as long as Northwood beats Chilhowie or vice versa, all is right with the world for the fans of the winning school, no matter how the rest of the season goes.  :)