8-25/26-2016 Score Updates

Ryan4VT

Union had boat loads of trouble with the power running of Clarke last year in the playoffs.  Each year is different but it should be no surprise that they struggled with the run in the first game of this year.  I expect they will fix that this week and play better v. Richlands.   I think ole Leatherhead is just hoping they are "overhyped" this year.  It is tough to give up the mantle of king.

You can bet your bottom dollar that nobody here in Richlands thinks Union is " over hyped ",  not even a little.  After getting beat at the end of the game 3 years in a row,  there is no way anyone here will over look Union,  nothing but mad respect for that program.  We may be looking forward to playing them,  just like we are every year because it is always such a great game and great atmosphere.

We know it will be another hard fought game with a team that has good athletes and is well coached !

Congrats on your win tonight !

The offense was pretty good. I think there was only two drives they didn't score and they were in the first half. First drive I think was a 3 and out. Scored second drive. Third drive was a pick. Last drive of the half was an easy TD. It's the first game. Young quarterback. As bad as the defense was first half, give Burton credit. They had a plan to keep Union's offense off the field and it worked for awhile. I had a feeling the first half would be somewhat tight. I look for Union to take a step back this season due to youth. I can see 9-1.

But if Union's D plays like that against Richlands then it's not going to be good.

Great play call. Pass from Wyatt to Shaft just out of reach for Marion. Chilhowie takes over at own 15

Chilhowie using a lot of misdirection, nearly to midfield

Haley recovers a Lancer fumble! Salem on the Amherst 31!

Appomattox 16 Buckingham 0. 8:47 in 1st. Safety and free kick returned for TD. @13Sports @scrimmageplay @FNEFootball

great state

Ramsey busts a 31 yard TD on 3rd & 10 to put Salem up 14-0 over Amherst. 6:39 1st. #gospartans

Chilhowie to punt after reaching Marion 44, 4:06 left in first

Pretty Wyatt pass to McNeil for 46 yards, gets Marion to Chilhowie 22

Wyatt keeper get Marion to ten yard line, first and goal

wslsScores Retweeted teresa taylor

Update out of Galax #1stand10

@WDBJ7Sports @wslsScores Galax 7 Glenvar 0. 2:00 left in the first quarter

Hogoheegee.com Retweeted

Patton with a 27 yd pick six to make it 14-0 GW over Radford.

great state

Touchdown Marion, 3 yd run by Marsden (sp?). Marion leads Chilhowie 7-0, 0:28 left in first

After one quarter, Floyd County leads Carroll County 7-0

FOOTBALL: Hidden Valley 7, Patrick Henry 7, end of 1st quarter. #timesland

WDBJ7 FFE Retweeted

No score after one quarter. Cave Spring vs William Byrd. WB ball on the CS 6, 3rd down, top of 2nd

great state

Well that didn't take long. Ridgeview returns opening kick to take a 7-0 lead. #Fridayfb

wslsScores Retweeted Glenvar Athletics

Glenvar answers back with a Loder 60 us run pat failed 7-6 Galax @wsls @WDBJ7Sports @Timesland @13Sports

Amherst finds another WIDE OPEN receiver for a 30 yard TD pass. With :18 left in the first, the score is tied at 14.

William Fleming 7, Jefferson Forest 0 -- first qtr.

great state

Pulaski 17, Northside 0 -- 2nd qtr.

Pretty one-sided affair in Pulaski. The Cougars have scored on their 1st 3 possessions, leading Northside 17-0 w/ 7 min to play in 1st half

Lord Botetout 28, James River 0 ---first qtr.

WDBJ7 FFE Retweeted

Cave Spring ties it up with Byrd 7-7

great state

105.3 The Bear â€@1053TheBear 3m3 minutes ago

10-play drive for Giles evens the score 7-7 with 10 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter @WDBJ7FFE #FridayNightLights

Patrick Henry 14, Hidden Valley 7 in 2nd qtr.

Botetourt 35-0 over James River in 2nd

Hogoheegee.com Retweeted

@HogoOnline PH 21 Castlewood 0 end of 1st

great state