Union @ Richlands

Ryan4VT

Richlands by 4 tds.

Don't think so,  I wish,  but I don't see either team winning this game by 4tds.  Seems these 2 teams are so evenly matched every year that this year they even mirrored each other in the way they one their 1st game !

Both teams struggled in the 1st half,  and then then put it together to win going away in the 2nd half.  I expect this years game to be no different than it has been the last 3 years or so.

Don't think so, I wish, but I don't see either team winning this game by 4tds. Seems these 2 teams are so evenly matched every year that this year they even mirrored each other in the way they one their 1st game !

Both teams struggled in the 1st half, and then then put it together to win going away in the 2nd half. I expect this years game to be no different than it has been the last 3 years or so.

I wouldn't say both teams put it together in the second half. The teams they faced either run out of gas(burton) or the youth and mistakes took over (gc). One thing for certain is Richlands D looks really good. I think that will be the factor in next week's game.

I saw the Union - Burton game. I'll go with Richlands by a lot.....with a slight chance that it winds up being a close game and Union blocking a potential game winning chip shot FG by Richlands, then executing several laterals as they return it 85 yards for the game winner as time expires....

The first half of last night's Richlands - Gate City game had me concerned. My concern did lesson in the second half, but a slow start against Union could mean trouble.  I hope the Blues have a much better start in this one.

Both teams had slow starts this week. A lackidaisical defensive start against Richlands could be bad. It's really not going to be easy to predict. On paper Richlands should have beaten Union nearly every game. But games clearly aren't played on paper.

Both teams had slow starts this week. A lackidaisical defensive start against Richlands could be bad. It's really not going to be easy to predict. On paper Richlands should have beaten Union nearly every game. But games clearly aren't played on paper.

Good point.  That's why they play the games on the field.  There are a ton of "experts" before each game.  Fewer afterwards.

Good point. That's why they play the games on the field. There are a ton of "experts" before each game. Fewer afterwards.

No expert here. Been wrong before. Will be wrong again. If I'm right you won't see me on here crowing about it. As for the Richlands D, they were in the backfield ready to take the handoff before GCs rb could on most plays.

Asbury throws for at least 300 yards and 6 TD's against a young green secondary for the bears. Score could be high as Union has potential to score, just don't think the defense of the Bears I watched Thursday can handle a well coached talented team like Richlands. The streak stops Friday. Could be a long season for the Bears. 

I don't think its gonna be a long season, but its gonna be a long night Friday. The secondary is very weak and a sophomore QB first start at Richlands could get ugly fast.

I agree. I see the Bears going anywhere from 7-3 to 9-1 this year.

7-3 or 6-4 would be my guess but as we all know anything can happen. Central will be hard to handle when Collier gets healthy (which I hope is soon) that will be a whale of a game to watch. Either way I wish all teams the best of luck and hope all kids stay healthy this year and bring a title back to SWVA. 

7-3 or 6-4 would be my guess but as we all know anything can happen. Central will be hard to handle when Collier gets healthy (which I hope is soon) that will be a whale of a game to watch. Either way I wish all teams the best of luck and hope all kids stay healthy this year and bring a title back to SWVA.

In the end that is all that matters is to bring it back to SWVA.

If union can get their defense in gear and get some pressure on John Luke they might have a chance in this one. One key is can richlands stop Union's power run game that has giving them fits the past two years.

We changed defenses for that exact reason. Power run teams have given us fits. We will see if the change was worth it.

With all do respect to all and yes I pull for Union I do not think the power running game is the same as last year. The Bears have a handful of great running backs 4 I think can get going and really set the tone of a game. I also know that the defense is very suspect imo. Its hard for me to believe this will be a close game but it very well could be. 

I think we have a little more strength,size & speed in the backfield this year compared to last, not saying this will determine the outcome of the game by any chance, but it may help us in place of the "weaker" passing game this year. Like someone said earlier, both teams were off to a sluggish start in the first half of both their games, both teams better come out firing on all cylinders or it may be a trainwreck from the get go if one doesn't. Win or Lose just hoping for a close, injury free game. Just go out there and have fun, that's what it's all about.

Sure am glad this one is at Ernie.   Will always feel there is some magic at Bullet.  Two years ago we were up and let them Bears come back.

Last year they switched up to power run with a qb that made some critical runs.  I just want to see us come focused, and play four quarters with no let up. To do what they want you must bring better than your best each week.

Our offense will have every reason to be super focused after that Gate City game.