Rye Cove

Hoosyadaddy

Apparently there was some kinda incident Friday was what I was wanting to know more about. I understand parents probably are a little fiery when they lost 66-0 but apparently there was something else.

Here is the entire writeup from the Bristol paper... Seems they had some pretty good players. Well, better players than RC will usually see.

Trinity Academy 76, Rye Cove 0

Former Virginia High standouts Raequon Jordan and David Arthur each scored two touchdowns as Northeast Tennessee-based Trinity Academy rolled past Rye Cove.

Rye Cove managed just 35 yards of total offense in losing its 20th straight contest.

Per social media banter I've seen, apparently there was some sort of a brief "petition" started for the coach's removal going around, now closed.  Some people also weren't happy with the music being played during pregame.

http://www.thepetitionsite.com/423/191/463/remove-rye-cove-high-school-football-coaching-staff/?taf_id=28452252&cid=fb_na#bbfb=976601744

https://www.facebook.com/nancy.johnson.7509/posts/10207044943623169

I wouldn't call getting hammered by 70+ "the right direction" whether I'm on the inside or out...

Sometimes in order to rebuild, you have to clear away the mess that is left to you..and it takes time to do that. When Toney took the job at RC, the cupboard was beyond bare...with very few prospects coming up. IMO, including last year, that program is a 4 year rebuild project at a minimum. I think only then can the job he has undertaken begin to be judged. At these rural schools located a good distance from the towns they are associated with, there are lots of unique circumstances that you don't have to deal with in more centrally located schools. It's not just numbers...and it usually takes a bit longer to turn around the sports programs in those places, too.

Guys I am surprised no one has mentioned that Raeqon Jordan is a graduate of VA high last year and played this fall against a VA school. How is that even legal. He would have to be too old and I thought eligibility started once entering the 9th grade. Not that anyone would want a W that way but that is an obvious forfeit.

Ignore that trusted maxprep....

Near the top 100 regardless of classifications for the state of tn.

Top 2a tn school.

http://sonnymoorepowerratings.com/h-s-foot.htm

Little bit of both.

Not the same school that The Cove played. The school The Cove played is a small private school located in Gray. 

http://www.trinityacademyknights.org/schedule.html

Guys I am surprised no one has mentioned that Raeqon Jordan is a graduate of VA high last year and played this fall against a VA school. How is that even legal. He would have to be too old and I thought eligibility started once entering the 9th grade. Not that anyone would want a W that way but that is an obvious forfeit.

I thought Jordan was a junior last season.  Didn't he play at Abingdon as a SOPH before transferring to V-High last season???

He went to FLorida prep school as a freshman. Played 2 years at Abingdon then after being dismissed during the 2nd year he transferred to VA High for his sr year.

Here is a link to provide proof,

http://www.heraldcourier.com/sports/the-jordan-rules-keep-growing-on-and-off-the-field/article_31f40dec-55a4-11e4-ab61-001a4bcf6878.html

Not the same school that The Cove played. The school The Cove played is a small private school located in Gray.

http://www.trinityacademyknights.org/schedule.html

you sure, everyone and their mother hates private schools come football time in TN.

Seems I am wrong the trinity on that list is located in Jackson not gray, I was wrong.

Basically the last schedule cycle RC couldnt find a 10th game.   They signed a contract with TriCities Christian and they got in trouble and had to shutter the program in June of 2015.  That left RC back with only 9 games scheduled with little chance of finding a tenth.  The coach that was at TCC went and got with the folks at Trinity and started their program and pulled almost all the TCC players to Trinity with him and found other kids from other states to make up the team and RC agreed to do a 2 year deal again in order to fill out their schedule.  Basically think of Trinity as a prep school which does play players who have already graduated or had academic issues and havent yet.   Its a terrible mismatch.

As for RC the program, when Coach Toney took over they had only 17 players on the team the year before and 10 graduated.  Last year they had 35+ come out and it was basically like starting a new program.  The social media stuff....some was valid....the petition is junk.

Stripes we can think of it that way but the school website does not say that. I feel bad for the young men and coaches at RC. I do understand now how they ended up with the schedule but wrong is wrong. If they want to be a prep school advertise it I am sure they would get many more young men wanting to play extra football. Just my 2 cents.