Rye Cove

Hoosyadaddy

Toney is a good guy. He does have the largest turnout in the Cumberland. Going from house to house to get enough players to even have a team before he got there to having regular attendance in the weight room and a 35+ man roster now is certainly not going in the wrong direction.

He took over a program that for all intents and purposes didn't have a program. He has nowhere to go but up.

RC needs to get in contact with Jenkins and Ridgeview needs to get in contact with Trinity. There, problem solved

Would hurt Ridgeview on points. Don't think vhsl recognizes them for power points.

Would hurt Ridgeview on points. Don't think vhsl recognizes them for power points.

It wouldn't hurt points since points are divided by the number of games played...instead of dividing by 10, points would be divided by 9. The average is what matters...

We have fought the Coaching carousel in Tazewell for years and look where it has brought us. Coaches need time to build a program not just field a team. Coach Allen is making huge strides right now and hopefully can stay around a lot longer to get the program right.

I don't know the coach at Rye Cove but it looks like he needs some time to get it going and Lord knows he doesn't need people trying to run him off.

That and plus I think the points are multiplied by 1.11 aren't they?

Just take total points earned and divide by the number of games played...its that simple.

I think VHSLhelper does a fantastic job with keeping up with this stuff but his method of calculating points confuses people...sorry, helper. 

I'm a firm believer in the KISS method...just do what I said and you'll get your answer.

Guys I am surprised no one has mentioned that Raeqon Jordan is a graduate of VA high last year and played this fall against a VA school. How is that even legal. He would have to be too old and I thought eligibility started once entering the 9th grade. Not that anyone would want a W that way but that is an obvious forfeit.

I messaged Tim Hayes (Bristol Herald-Courier) about this. He said that private schools can "re-classify" a student's grade, even if he has already graduated high school at a public school. 

He went on to point out that basketball-focused prep schools do this all the time

And yes, this is just more ammo for why the TSSAA (and increasingly the VHSL) are complete imbeciles for allowing private schools to compete alongside public schools

Just take total points earned and divide by the number of games played...its that simple.

I think VHSLhelper does a fantastic job with keeping up with this stuff but his method of calculating points confuses people...sorry, helper. 

I'm a firm believer in the KISS method...just do what I said and you'll get your answer.

Ok.  Yeah I use helper's site to work with the points too.  I always seem to get 1A spot on, but always am slightly off on 2A and 3A.  Lol.