Honored to remember 9/11

Tomorrow is the 15th year that our nation experienced one of its worse tragedies.   Calling it an anniversary would be wrong.  Webster's dictionary defines an anniversary as a day to celebrate an annual event.  September 11th is a day to honor, remember the lives loss, the heroics of all who weren't in the towers, the Pentagon, but entered to say this is what Americans do.  The lives on Flight 93, that for a greater cause laid down their lives for their nation.

I saw on the FB score thread last night where a picture was posted of a high school team taking a knee during OUR NATIONAL ATHEM.   Their right okay, but to dishonor our country, the lives sacrificed, no nationalities excluded, what a sad commentary.   Athletes and Hollywood now set the standards for our nation.  Folks it shouldn't be.  Our standards were established by people who had a vision of greatness for our nation, who saw what we could be, not what we in infancy were then. 

If those who have spilled their blood over the years for this great nation, for this hallowed ground  we call America; those who take a knee during our anthem,  when they rise they have that stain on them.

Liberty that does not honor and recognize the freedom paid for it becomes weak.

Players have the right to kneel. I don't think anybody takes that from them. But we have the right to criticize them for it.

I was in 8th grade at Powell Valley Middle School. I was on my way from 1st block gym to 2nd block Pre Algebra. I remember joking with a friend about stuff that went on during gym class. I told him I'd see him at band class in 4th block and at band practice right after school. I had an uneasy feeling for a bit that things weren't right. I hate being right sometimes. We were setting the drill to our closer that week at band practice, which was "Come Sail Away." Today I was riding in the car and eerily enough, they played that song on the radio.