Abingdon Vs Blacksburg

oldfalcon56

Blacksburg will offer a little more of a challenge than Christiansburg. . .they are very weak. I would say Abingdon by a couple of TDs. Falcons won't be challenged until Graham and Richlands. These should be entertaining games and could go either way.

I'll say 48 - 27.

This Abingdon team is a lot better than they were last year. I really don't see anyone on their schedule stopping the Falcons Offense. Abingdon's defense is good but not great. They will face some teams that will score on them and may match them score for score. I am interested in how they handle Graham and Richlands. As for their game with Blacksburg I will be surprised if the Bruins stay within 3 tds.

Blacksburg will surprise many teams this season. Coach Wells has them going in the right direction. I have not seen Abingdon play this season. Im sure they are very talented, but they need not to count Blacksburg out. If Blacksburg plays 4 quarters then I do see them pulling off an upset. But this is just my opinion and after watching Blacksburg and Graham the Bruins do have a more stable offense and are very unpredictable. Hoping to be a good one like last season! And the reason I threw Graham into this was for the comment about Abingdon not being challenged until they play them.

I have watched Blacksburg and Christiansburg play and Blacksburg is at least 3 touchdowns better. Blacksburg should keep it within 14.

Agreed.  Blacksburg is three TDs better than Christiansburg...

Should be a good one in Blacksburg.  If Abingdon continues to execute they should be fine.  No matter the situation this year it seems the Falcons just don't get rattled.  They just go out and do their thing on both sides of the ball.  I have yet to see any panic on the field.  They know what needs to be done and they do it.  Also it appears Coach reed and co. are making the right adjustments.

I've not seen Abington play so cant speak on them but if they think Bburg will be a cake walk they are in for a shock. Blacksburg has a lot of speed and talent on that team. Not saying they will win, but I do think they can and they are a lot better then Christiansburg.

Blacksburg is better than Graham. I say Blacksburg over Abingdon 28-21

I'm curious.  What makes you think Blacksburg is better than Graham?  I'm assuming you also think Giles is better than Graham?

Listening on the net to the Falcons and Christiansburg game, can only make my comments by  what I heard from the Abingdon announcers. 

Sturgill, as good as he was last year,  is more impressive this year, plus having the ability to read the defense very well.   Their offense is clicking on all cylinders.  It sounds as if they are still a little suspect on their D.  Hendrickson for Christiansburg has speed and hurt the D some with his runs.  That being said, if a solid defensive team can slow the Falcons offense, they may have a chance. 

I'm curious. What makes you think Blacksburg is better than Graham? I'm assuming you also think Giles is better than Graham?

Until I see Graham beat Giles, Galax, or Abingdon then yes I will assume that? I'm not trying to down Graham but when I watched them last Thursday all I could wonder was what all the hype was about. Lots of speed, but lots of indiscipline football.

I'm not a Graham fan. I was asking a sincere question. That's it.

People get too butt hurt over other people's opinions on this site.

I'm not a Graham fan. I was simply curious about how you reached your conclusion.

We will worry about Graham next week but right now the Falcons are focused on the Bruins.  There seems to be an Ora of intensity building in the Falcons that appears to be what they want to take on the road with them to Blacksburg.  This one could be a barn burner or it could be a blow out.

We will worry about Graham next week but right now the Falcons are focused on the Bruins. There seems to be an Ora of intensity building in the Falcons that appears to be what they want to take on the road with them to Blacksburg. This one could be a barn burner or it could be a blow out.

I agree. Either it's going to come down to the last 2 minutes or one team will pull away after half