Graham vs. Giles

futbolking

Graham is coming off a bye week. That usually translates to coming out flat for most teams. We really need to be able to get over the hump against quality opponents. I hope Cousin has the ball in his hands at least 20 times. 9-15 carries a game isn't going to be enough for the next 3 games.

I think the bye week hurt Giles last night. Giles has faced many running backs in comparison to Cousins, Meade, Cooke and have kept them in check for the most part. I don't see either team really holding the other though. Giles is dangerous when they pass the ball and will need to do it more often the next 3 weeks. I predict both teams to score atleast 4 tds with Giles winning by a td. The next 3 weeks are Brutal for the Spartans!

Giles defensive backs are going to have to get a lot better this week in practice or Graham will score 60. They couldn't even stop a quarterback sweep against narrows. I know that narrows has a good quarterback but he doesn't have the same speed that Graham has.

Graham is coming off a bye week. That usually translates to coming out flat for most teams. We really need to be able to get over the hump against quality opponents. I hope Cousin has the ball in his hands at least 20 times. 9-15 carries a game isn't going to be enough for the next 3 games.

If he doesn't run the ball at least 20 times, I will be extremely disappointed.  I think Graham needs to run to set up the pass.  

I know it's easy to come out flat after a bye week but I think it benefits Graham having theirs before Giles. Two weeks to prepare for the single wing is better than one

Graham, Galax, and Glenvar have a bye week before Giles.. That's why I consider Giles to have the one of the toughest schedules in 2A. It didn't help Graham or Galax last year, but this is a new year and from I can see Graham and Galax are better than they were last year and Giles is building.

Graham, Galax, and Glenvar have a bye week before Giles.. That's why I consider Giles to have the one of the toughest schedules in 2A. It didn't help Graham or Galax last year, but this is a new year and from I can see Graham and Galax are better than they were last year and Giles is building.

Graham probably is better than last year but Galax isn't....you don't lose Harris and Spurlin and replace them this quick...just like we don't replace Brian Mann that quick. Not saying Galax isn't a very good team this year but IMO no way are they as good as last year but only my opinion

Graham probably is better than last year but Galax isn't....you don't lose Harris and Spurlin and replace them this quick...just like we don't replace Brian Mann that quick. Not saying Galax isn't a very good team this year but IMO no way are they as good as last year but only my opinion

Graham is much better than last year.

That's around what I think. High scoring, something like -

Graham 49

Giles 34

May happen but i'd take Giles plus 17 points any day of the week

Could be a G-Men blowout but i'd take my chances Giles would keep it within 17 against just about anyone they play any year

May happen but i'd take Giles plus 17 points any day of the week

Could be a G-Men blowout but i'd take my chances Giles would keep it within 17 against just about anyone they play any year

Definately could go either way depending on how the lines match up. With graham coming off that heartbreaking loss to richlands they will be fired up. Cousin and Vineyard will be headhunting. Love watching those two. They play with so much fire. Plus you add in an extra week to prepare for the single wing and Graham being very balanced i say they win by no less than 14. Just my opinion.

I've watched Graham and they have a very potent offense but I think Blacksburg is the best offense Giles will see in the regular season. Tyquest Terry, and Cole Beck can flat out fly and they are a very uptempo offense with a qb that releases the ball quick and accurate. Most of their snaps came with 15+ still on the play clock. It should be a fun one though. Giles' defense will truly be tested. They better learn how to get low and wrap up, because the G-men runners don't go down easy.

I happen to agree with you for once Bird. Galax isn't as good as they were last season. Then again, neither is Giles. Brian Mann is as impossible to replace as Spurlin and Harris.