Graham vs. Giles

futbolking

I happen to agree with you for once Bird. Galax isn't as good as they were last season. Then again, neither is Giles. Brian Mann is as impossible to replace as Spurlin and Harris.

It will be awhile before Giles finds another Mann. It's awesome to see that he has taken his success to college level as well.

Okay this may be  wishful thinking; my heart says Giles but it won't be a blowout.  Graham is in a rebuilding mode just as the Spartans.  Coach Mance made the necessary adjustments to shut down the G-Men in second half.  If the score isn't to lopsided at the half in G-Men's favor, Coach Williams has the same makeup as Coach Mance. Hopefully, he can make the necessary adjustments to come away with the W.

After watching the video, looks Graham has MUCH more speed than Blacksburg.  Not sure if Graham's defense has or will figure out the single wing of Giles.  I look for a high scoring game, but would expect some big plays from Graham on offense.  Should be a good one.

This possibly will be a speed vs. speed high scoring offensive shootout. These teams have crossed paths at the perfect time too. Graham really wants to come out after blowing that Richlands game and make a statement. And Giles wants to make a statement after their bad performance against Narrows. Graham has Abingdon next so they don't wanna go in against them dropping two in a row. And Giles has Galax and Glenvar back to back after this. Defiantly a lot riding on this game for both teams.

wow how fast is Richlands

After watching the video, looks Graham has MUCH more speed than Blacksburg.  Not sure if Graham's defense has or will figure out the single wing of Giles.  I look for a high scoring game, but would expect some big plays from Graham on offense.  Should be a good one.

Graham was out coached by Richlands.  Richlands also wore Graham down at the line of scrimmage.  They were bigger and they kept the ball out of Graham's hands and kept Graham's defense on the field, which wore on Graham's smaller defensive line.   Graham was without a key linemen on both sides of the ball in that game, not sure if it would've affected the outcome, but he was missed.  As far as overall team speed, Graham will have more "team" speed than anybody they play, including Bluefield.  Bluefield has a couple of speedsters.  Graham has 5 or 6 kids that run a 4.5 or better.  Cooke ran a 4.4 at a camp that put him on the radar of some big schools.  Meade, Ballard, Cooke, Cousin, Cooper, Allen, Chinault can all get down the field in a hurry.  They have some young guys in key positions and guys that are playing new positions.  They should be hard for anybody to deal with at the end of the season.  My immediate concern after the Richlands game has shifted to the line play against teams with bigger, more physical lines.  They are young on the line and are a little undersized, but they play with a ton of heart.  It will be interesting to see how they progress going forward.  ONe thing in Graham's favor is the last few games should be easy "w" s for Graham and an opportunity to rest and heal up some guys and possibly try some new thing with their line rotations, etc....to get them ready for a playoff run.  

Giles, Abingdon and Galax will be a tough stretch to get through to get to that point.... If Graham wins 2 of 3 in that stretch, it will be an accomplishment.  Galax may be the toughest task of all 3 after the whipping they put on George Wythe.....that was impressive.

As for Giles, Graham had better come to play and come to make a statement, that this team is not the team that folks have seen for the last 15 years or so, but they are more like the Graham teams of old that will come after you....  I'm looking for the boys to show up to play on friday.

Cousin needs to get the ball more.....I repeat...Cousin needs the ball more.... Meade had success against Bluefield and Tazewell when he kept the ball on the qb option.  Richlands was more physical up front, the way Giles will probably be....and he didn't have nearly as much success. Also, Richlands clogged up the middle and Graham should've tried to get to the edge more with their speed.  I think it will be similar against Giles.   Can't wait to see what develops.

In every scrimmage/game that Giles has been in I would say that every one of their opponents have had the speed advantage. Giles has quick players but not fast players. The defense has done good with not letting speed get on the outside with the exception of Narrows. The ends will have their work cut out for them the next 2 weeks. On paper Graham definitely has the advantage, but I think coaching will be key. That's what brought Richlands back.

As much as it pains me, Graham will probably win this game and could be by a lot. I have watched Graham twice this year and they are good. Giles better find a defensive line quick or the next two or three games could be bad. I see graham winning by three touchdowns and that was before the Narrows game.

Chapman needs more carries! Giles has multiple good backs but Chapman is the best they got. Only getting him the ball 8 plays isn't going to cut it. I know he is very valuable on defense but Giles players should be use to going both ways. I'd give him the ball 15 times minimum per game.

Singlewing is a bitty...Giles wins 'cause Graham can't find the football.  It will be a high-scoring affair...take Giles -8 and over 80.

In my opinion, Giles has earned the right to name their interpretation of the single wing.  Masterful!

Couple of years ago I had the opportunity of helping coach a Peewee team.  We played against a team that was running the Singlewing.  They ran it pretty good to be at the Peewee level.  Their first offensive possession was about a 70 yard touchdown run.  One coach was allowed on the field at the time, and it happened to be me this time.  My middle LB, who was a really good ball player, turned around and said "sorry coach I had no idea where the ball was at".  I replied "Don't feel bad neither did I".  Needless to say the rest of the game was pretty much the same way.  The Singlewing has the ability of making a defense look and feel like a dog chasing it's tail and Giles runs it to perfection.