Richlands @ Virginia

Ryan4VT

VHS goes up 4 tds and Richlands comes back and beats them by 3 tds

That's almost similar to last year. In the first quarter, they had Sewell just running straight go routes and throwing it up. They were up 14-0 and 17-7 before Richlands shut them down the rest of the way using a DE to jam him at the line then having the CB over top. 

I'll say Richlands comes out slow  ( seems to be our modus operandi so far this year )  and gets on fire late in the 2nd qtr and on into the 2nd half and wins by at least 17.   Pretty much what everyone else has said..........not much imagination in my old age...

That's almost similar to last year. In the first quarter, they had Sewell just running straight go routes and throwing it up. They were up 14-0 and 17-7 before Richlands shut them down the rest of the way using a DE to jam him at the line then having the CB over top.

Is Sewell back this season or did he graduate?

yep , Richlands will get plenty of rest in this one, the coach will have to have plenty of live drills in practice to keep the team in shape,oh by the way Richlands thanks for the thumping you put on Central.

I wished that thumping would've been much worse.  Lol.  So, apparently it's not just Ridgeview who doesn't get along with Central?

I wished that thumping would've been much worse.  Lol.  So, apparently it's not just Ridgeview who doesn't get along with Central?

Well, their students did a "Union HATE Week" leading up to the game last year. And I won't get into some of the stuff our players heard from their student section during the game. Of course, that's on their kids, and not necessarily a reflection of their fans.

Good concessions though. :)

Richlands will score quickly and often ... no slow start in this one!

Richlands 42

Virginia High 12

You was right and I was wrong .....lol  They started out quick and stayed that way !

Congrats to Graham on a good win tonight.

Richlands looked good tonight, definitely could sure up some things on defense though. Tackling looked to be a huge issue, wrapping up and driving to the ground was one of the biggest things I saw. But honestly, couldnt have played a better game on offense, one turnover that could have been avoided, but overall offense looked unstoppable.

Richlands looked good tonight, definitely could sure up some things on defense though. Tackling looked to be a huge issue, wrapping up and driving to the ground was one of the biggest things I saw. But honestly, couldnt have played a better game on offense, one turnover that could have been avoided, but overall offense looked unstoppable.

Did Richlands end up with positive yards rushing or no?

I don't wanna brag too much here but I called it in post 11. Lol. I had the feeling that Richlands passing game was going be too much for VHS and I was right. Their QB and WR's are a lot to handle. You never know how Richlands is going start a game but you know how their going finish. Them and Abingdon is going to be interesting!

Asbury went 20-23 for 381 and 7 TD. 7 TD is the school single game record. 381 yards is 3 shy of Steve Dye.

Howie had 9 catches for 285 and 4 TD. The 96 yarder he caught on the 2nd play of the game is the school record as well. His 285 breaks his own record he set last year at Bluefleld and 4 TD ties the record.

VHS didn't have anyone on the field who could even come close to covering 11. In addition to those 9 catches, he also drew 2 or 3 PI calls, and one defensive holding call.

If Richlands can keep this up, they won't need a running game until they come up against an Appo or one of the other elite 2A teams.

Very interested to see how we look against Bluefield's speed on defense. Richlands will be fired up having the 06 state title team back. I'm sure they'll also wanna play hard against Fuller.

Did Richlands end up with positive yards rushing or no?

When you can throw the ball like they did tonight,  and that was without Scotty Ball and C.Collins,  then they didn't didn't need to run for much positive yardage.  Not saying it wont be important at some point in the season (  it might be important against Abingdon ),  but tonight they didn't need to run much !

I get that, but They haven't been able to run it all year is my point. I assumed they might've took the big lead and Tried to find a run game. Probably would've benefited them more in the long run than setting passing records. But hey, what do I know?