Richlands @ Virginia

Ryan4VT

I get that, but They haven't been able to run it all year is my point. I assumed they might've took the big lead and Tried to find a run game. Probably would've benefited them more in the long run than setting passing records. But hey, what do I know?

Richlands run game is screens. They throw 10+ a game. It serves the purpose of pulling everybody close to stop the quick throws so Asbury can take a shot.

Richlands run game is screens. They throw 10+ a game. It serves the purpose of pulling everybody close to stop the quick throws so Asbury can take a shot.

Will those screens serve their purpose in the red zone during the playoffs?

Will those screens serve their purpose in the red zone during the playoffs?

Nope. Which is why I said in a previous post that we don't need a running game until we get to the playoffs. We did see Lowe line up in the backfield and have 2 runs last night. If you give him the ball inside the 10, it's gonna take 5 players to bring him down, so that could be an option.

Nope. Which is why I said in a previous post that we don't need a running game until we get to the playoffs. We did see Lowe line up in the backfield and have 2 runs last night. If you give him the ball inside the 10, it's gonna take 5 players to bring him down, so that could be an option.

I agree. I just figured up 30 points on VA High would be a good time to start working on the run game to see what you have before the playoffs.

Bristol Herald Courier

Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:11 am

Asbury declines TD record shot, Richlands rolls by VHS Johnny Wilson | Sports Correspondent

57e5d9d7f2088.image.jpg?resize=300%2C338

Andre Teague/Bristol Herald Courier

Virginia High vs Richlands football

Richlands' John-Luke Asbury opens up with his passing game Friday night at Virginia High.

I agree. I just figured up 30 points on VA High would be a good time to start working on the run game to see what you have before the playoffs.

I agree. But without Collins (he and Ball didn't play), I guess we just decided no running much.

Bristol Herald Courier

Posted: Saturday, September 24, 2016 12:11 am

Asbury declines TD record shot, Richlands rolls by VHS Johnny Wilson | Sports Correspondent

57e5d9d7f2088.image.jpg?resize=300%2C338

Andre Teague/Bristol Herald Courier

Virginia High vs Richlands football

Richlands' John-Luke Asbury opens up with his passing game Friday night at Virginia High.

He doesn't throw with the laces?

Yea,  I would say that was some type of quick pass, like a screen or quick out or slant.

I know  when I had to throw a quick screen or a quick timing route I didn't take the time to find the laces.  I just grabbed the ball and let it go.  Usually if you took time to hunt the laces by the time you did that the timing was sometimes lost,  so we were just taught to grab the ball and throw the ball.  Although if the ball was wet,  I would usually try to take the time to find the laces to try to keep the ball from slipping.  I figured it was better for the timing to maybe be a bit off than to have the ball slip and have a possible turnover.