Union @ Gate City

trumpet1988

If RV doesn't make the playoffs and say they lose most of their games left does than mean James Colley will maybe replace Rick Mullins? I'm not a fan of placing all the blame on coaches but I could the Haysi folks and maybe some Clintwood folks wanting to go in that direction.

I would love for Colley to come back, however, I think it will never happen.

i thought the pack are a little better this year than last season. Union had alot more experience last year than we do this year. RV has the potential they just have absolutely no size anywhere on the field

I was out of town last years game so I don't know. I'm not trying to talk bad about them because I would like to see the program do good but they just looked really bad Friday. If not for all of the penalties the score would have been awful.

Gotcha... Yeah, compared to Paintsville the week before, I thought we looked substantially better last Friday night.  And compared to you guys, we ARE bad.  Lol.  We're a middle of the road 2A team.  The three hardest teams on our schedule are out of the way now.  Should get better from here.

Yeah James Colley was one of the top in coaches in SW VA. He's up there with Greg Mance as one of the best strategy coaches in the game! I've actually never seen Mance or Colley get out coached. Every game they loss was cause the other team was just overall more athletic.

Gotcha... Yeah, compared to Paintsville the week before, I thought we looked substantially better last Friday night.  And compared to you guys, we ARE bad.  Lol.  We're a middle of the road 2A team.  The three hardest teams on our schedule are out of the way now.  Should get better from here.

Just hang in there with those 2 programs together it will not be long before your kicking our butts.

Union should win this one easily, but they "should" have won last year's easily too and they didn't. If they come out with the ground and pound, I think they'll wear the Devils down in the 2nd half. They can't afford to be cute and play around. They have to show up and hit it hard from the start or it could be another close one.

Union is still beat up, I dont know if Zirkle will play this week or not,he should get healthy because there is still alot of football to be played.The Collier kid is an outstanding qb no doubt and he will give us fits , but i dont know who is going to help him,Gate City seems to be comming around , so i say28-7 union, oh yeah better watch 17 Owens he is super fast, and look for mitchell to have a great game, even with double coverage.

Zirkle has been cleared but don't know if he will play or not, and your right about Owens but is doesn't matter because they won't play him until its a blowout.

Gate City plays it close first half with keep away. Union pulls away in the 3rd quarter and wins 35-7.

If Gate City isn't able to play keep away at any point and Union comes out explosive then 35-7 will be the halftime score.

Over the years Union (pv appy) have always played hard, sometimes the score didn't show it but they played hard.Friday game will be no different, after all GATE CITY is GATE CITY. They will double up Mitchell and crowd the line, with cut blocks to keep our line from their linebackers. Union will counter with shorter passes, and a surprise or two....if needed.I wouldn't look for no blow out, and yes their qb will have a good game,he gave us fits last year. They will send everyone long and he will make plays with his feet.Bailey Turner will throw a lot come Friday night.

Collier looked pretty healthy, and he really carries this team. He's an excellent runner, and isn't given enough credit for his passing capabilities. Just like last year, the D gave him WAY too much space and time. Had we played man to man and pressured him the score would not have been so close. He's eaten us alive for 4 years. One would think after the first 3, we'd know how to handle him. Guess not.

GC has some wins coming to them before this season is over.

Gate City won't go 0-10. Collier is a good QB. Union gave him way too much time and left receivers wide open. Hats off to the Devils for exploiting that.

Gate City is gutsy. Onside kicks. I knew they'd do it and they burned Union on that one 2nd half. Union should have seen that coming. The only long kick I can think of, Mitchell burned Gate City and took it to the house.

Union made some plays 2nd half. You can usually throw these two teams' records out the window when they meet.