Honaker @ Grundy BDD Showdown

IRISH-FAN18

Honaker has completely changed everything they do since the Lebanon and Castlewood games. I think this will be a close game. It will depend on Honaker being able to stop the duo of running backs. Or if Grundy can stop Honaker's QB. It might come down to Honaker's Jordan Stout making the difference.

If Honaker hasn't straighten up since the first two weeks of the season it will be a long night for them. But I think Honaker wins this one by out coaching the wave. Would love to see the wave take down the Tigers but I don't see Hubbard letting it happen.

Honaker loss to Lebanon 37-14. Grundy beat Lebanon 19-14. If you go by that Grundy should win by four TD's. I think Honaker has improved and gained some confidents in their last two games, but neither Eastside or Holston has the talent level Grundy has either. Honaker's defense is still suspect and that's what would worry me if I was a Honaker fan. I won't be surprised if Honaker won but I'm going be bold and pick Grundy 20-17.

Seems Grundy has improved a lot over the past couple seasons. Particularly on Defense! On to Wise next week to play Grundy's former Offensive Lineman, 4x Wrestling State Champ and Virginia Tech Hokie player Luke Owens team for another tough game. Wouldn't mind seeing a 6-0 Grundy heading across the mountain to Rebel Country to play a 5-0 Hurley team in two weeks!

Grundy had 2 or 3 TD's called back tonight. Also had the ball twice more inside the 10 and penalties or honakers D killed the drive. Last offensive play for Grundy should have just been a QB sneak but they tried to run up the gut and got stuffed. Jackson also caught a pass in double coverage in the end zone that was out with his foot on the line on 4th down that could have been another TD. Score could have easily been a lot more in Grundy's favor.

Hubbard got tossed, what happens to him now? Does he miss the next game?

Honaker's kicker nailed a 45 yard+ FG tonight to score the only points for them. Good looking kid, he's legit.

Was not a fan of the refs tonight...white hat in particular was an asshole. Threw a flag for unsportsmanlike on a kid for yelling after a key stop. Gave Honaker a fresh set of downs and 15 yards instead of Grundy's ball and them punting from the goal line. End of the game they were holding up the game basically giving honaker almost a free timeout and stopping the clock on every play. Even put 4 seconds back on the clock at one point. Hate to see the refs hav the potential to change the outcome of a game like this.

First time Grundy has beaten Honaker in 20 years.

Fun game to watch, good luck to Honaker going forward. Looks like they have a lot of young kids playing and should be back to the usual strength soon.

Grundy had 2 or 3 TD's called back tonight. Also had the ball twice more inside the 10 and penalties or honakers D killed the drive. Last offensive play for Grundy should have just been a QB sneak but they tried to run up the gut and got stuffed. Jackson also caught a pass in double coverage in the end zone that was out with his foot on the line on 4th down that could have been another TD. Score could have easily been a lot more in Grundy's favor.

Hubbard got tossed, what happens to him now? Does he miss the next game?

Honaker's kicker nailed a 45 yard+ FG tonight to score the only points for them. Good looking kid, he's legit.

Was not a fan of the refs tonight...white hat in particular was an asshole. Threw a flag for unsportsmanlike on a kid for yelling after a key stop. Gave Honaker a fresh set of downs and 15 yards instead of Grundy's ball and them punting from the goal line. End of the game they were holding up the game basically giving honaker almost a free timeout and stopping the clock on every play. Even put 4 seconds back on the clock at one point. Hate to see the refs hav the potential to change the outcome of a game like this.

First time Grundy has beaten Honaker in 20 years.

Fun game to watch, good luck to Honaker going forward. Looks like they have a lot of young kids playing and should be back to the usual strength soon.

Hubbard is use to having his way with the Buchanan County teams. This year it's his turn to be took to the wood shed.. Grundy should have beat them much worse your correct on that Lance and I also agree the Refs done there best to keep them in it. If a 7-3 loss unravels him that bad he better medicate before he goes to Hurley because unless he can bring Heath Miller out of retirement I feel he's in for a good spanking.... Congratulations Grundy on your win and Honaker will be back in a year or so.

I could have just as easily come on here and complained about the refs too. I thought they were horrible both ways.

We had sucess moving the ball running but couldn't hold on to it. I credit Grundys D on forcing those fumbles. 5 I think. Good luck with Hurley! They should be able to run all over Grundy. And us. Like I said before on another thread Hurley will be able to name the score on us.

Enjoy it now because Honaker will be back!

Grundy won but could have easily lost and it was a pretty one sided game. That disturbs me. Should have been at least 28-3 if not worse. Grundy needs to learn how to finish a team like that off and put them away. You let people hang around and the refs get involved you run the risk of losing a one sided game.

Refs were bad. Never said they were only calling stuff against grundy. They did call back 2 or 3 TD's and get you guys off the goal line punt with a fresh set of downs. Grundy had the ball 1st and goal from the two scored twice and ended up turning it over on downs at the 24. What do you have to do score 3 to get one to count?

As for Hurley Grundy has a long way to go.