Graham vs. Abingdon

futbolking

If Abingdon keeps containment and doesn't let their ends get sucked in then they will be able to hold Grahams run offense. Giles doesn't have a great defense IMO but after the first 6 minutes they shut Graham down until the last 2 mins.

I thought Giles had a pretty good defense.  To me that looked better against us than the first game of the season against Blacksburg.

By the way tell your middle school staff thanks for not completely wiping our MS out last night.  It has been a very long season for those kids and your staff showed a whole lot of class last night.  

What was the final Bama? I  never heard the score

35-16 I believe. 35-0 at halftime. Giles drove to Graham 3 yd line and let the clock run out at just before half.  Could've called TO and scored again. He put his 2's in starting of 3rd quarter and left them in rest of the game. The kicker from Giles is probably the best 8th grade kicker we've seen this year other than the kid from Richlands.  Both of them are very good.  

The more I watch the game video of Abingdon vs. Blacksburg, the more I like Graham's chances.  Not that I am convinced that Graham will win, but I think they can match up with them and make a good game of it.

Looking for another good competitive game this week from the G-Men.  Can't wait to see how it plays out.  

If something's up.... I haven't heard of it.... but you never know.....

The Terry kid from blacksburg is the one athlete that compares with the athletes from from Graham. Sure Colton Beck is fast but isn't very illusive in open space. I think it is just a match-up problem for abingdon. Just my opinion

Someone please correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe this week is Graham's home coming week and game Friday. If so that could play a factor with home coming always being a week of distractions. I picked Graham to win but with Abingdon having the week off and Graham coming off a physical game at Giles and now home coming, everything is setup for a Abingdon W

The Terry kid from blacksburg is the one athlete that compares with the athletes from from Graham. Sure Colton Beck is fast but isn't very illusive in open space. I think it is just a match-up problem for abingdon. Just my opinion

I didn't mean to sound defensive. Sorry if I did. I just wasn't sure who you referring to. After watching the AHS/BB film, I saw how fast the Terry kid is. Very fast. I thought AHS handled him pretty well scheme wise. They stretched out the outside stuff pretty well. He got some yards, no doubt, but overall I was impressed with AHS D. Now, what worries me is the stuff across the middle. The BB receivers found the hole left open by zone D or even man D at times. I know nothing about Graham (I'm not from this area originally) but I hear they have some speed and size. It sounds as if this will be a great matchup...wish I could go to the game but I'll be out of town.

I think there are to many weapons for Graham and Abingdon won't be able to contain them all night. Gmen make a few curcial stops and dominate special teams.

51-38 Graham

I like the way you are thinking.  I think Graham's line will fare better against Abingdon then they did Richlands or Giles.  Graham has a little more team speed than Abingdon.  Abingdon runs their system, very well.... very similar to Richlands in that respect....  Richlands and Giles were able to dictate the pace of the game because of the lineplay by keeping Graham off of hte field, after that first quarter and a half of the Richlands game ..... Graham definitely needs Dalton back on the interior of that line....still haven't heard anybody say a time frame on when he will be back..... Hopefully soon.  Graham is undersized on the line, those boys play hard, but a bigger line wears on a smaller one after a while and those kids just get tired of trying to push around on the big boys......  Graham has a lot of young kids in key positions and they are learning every game.  Pulling out that win against Giles was a big step forward for them.... overcoming a difficult situation in a hostile environment.  With the athletes Graham has this season,  if the defense picks up just a tick more and that offense gets going....Graham should be a force to deal with by season's end.... Special teams look good....especially when we KICK the ball deep.

I still think Galax will be the toughest team they play all season.  I'll say Graham 49....Abingdon 38.

Big dose of Cousin in this one, their run defense is not as strong as Giles.  Run Run Run to set up the pass in this one...

Savory Flavors...get there early, not a lot of seating.

Where is this ?  I have heard some good things but have no idea where it's at.  What type of food GMan ?  I am looking to take my wife to someplace new so I might want to give this place a try.

Where is this ? I have heard some good things but have no idea where it's at. What type of food GMan ? I am looking to take my wife to someplace new so I might want to give this place a try.

In the old Cotton's Drive In building on VIrginia Avenue. Good BBQ & steaks. Only open Thursday, Friday, & Saturday though.