Bluefield College football needs change.

futbolking

My opinion:

1. They don't belong in the Mid South Conference, they are way out of their league.  That is one of the best NAIA Conferences in the country, if not the best.

2.  Fans are not going to come watch them lose all of the time.

3.  Very few local athletes are recruited to play there.

4.  There is a tremendous amount of player turnover, which leads to inconsistency.

I believe they should either change conferences and start playing teams more their speed, or drop the football program altogether.  Not a lot of fan support attending these games.  

This community is football CRAZY.  If they are in a league in which they can be competitive and they recruit a few local athletes, attendance would be up....and they would get more "w" s.  

The Athletic Director and the President of the College need to get on the ball and try to turn this thing around or just drop the football program completely.  It has to be losing money for the school, there is no way that it is profitable.

Start recruiting kids based on athleticism and character... I won't go into details about that, just had a bad experience on campus last weekend and I'll leave it at that.

What does everybody think?  It's been a few years now that football has been back at Bluefield College.  I just think it could have and should have been done differently.  

Can they play as an independent and pick up teams more their speed?  

Concord went from perennial dumpster fire to a nationally competitive D2 school, so I wouldn't rule out the same for Bluefield. But Bluefield has been set up to fail by its administration. There needs to be some deep introspection there as to what Bluefield is seeking to accomplish.

For football and all other sports, which do respectably well in spite of the administration.

I was thinking about the BC situation the other day and I still can't understand why they thought this was a good idea to field a football team in the first place.  Sure it can be a good money generator but it's at a high cost and no one seemed to have interest in going to watch them months before they played their first game.  I've never been to one of the games nor do I plan to.  I can think of a lot of other ways I'd rather spend my time then watching bad football when practically none of the local high school kids are on the roster.  How many people are going to home games on average?  300?

How much is B.C. paying to use Mitchell Stadium and are they going to help pay for the field replacement when it comes due?

I was thinking about the BC situation the other day and I still can't understand why they thought this was a good idea to field a football team in the first place.  Sure it can be a good money generator but it's at a high cost and no one seemed to have interest in going to watch them months before they played their first game.  I've never been to one of the games nor do I plan to.  I can think of a lot of other ways I'd rather spend my time then watching bad football when practically none of the local high school kids are on the roster.  How many people are going to home games on average?  300?

How much is B.C. paying to use Mitchell Stadium and are they going to help pay for the field replacement when it comes due?

I agree, went about it all wrong.  If they want fans, they need to recruit some local kids.  They need to be in a league where they can be competitive.  They have done neither.  I don't see football lasting much longer at Bluefield, unless something drastic is done.... (Subtle HInt to A.D.:  Get out of the MIDSOUTH!!!)

Concord went from perennial dumpster fire to a nationally competitive D2 school, so I wouldn't rule out the same for Bluefield. But Bluefield has been set up to fail by its administration. There needs to be some deep introspection there as to what Bluefield is seeking to accomplish.

For football and all other sports, which do respectably well in spite of the administration.

Concord has a decent long running history though. Also, Concord has been known to recruit locally. 

Bluefield can hire me to recruit the locals. I go to games on Fridays and I'll consult all of you for your opinions. Can't lose

BC should just read the Bluefield Daily for all the up to date, local recruiting information.  No better way to be informed. 

lost 64 - 3 today.... 

Change Conferences or get out of the football business altogether, if you ask me.  The A.D. and adminstration need their head examined, should have been on top of this a long time ago.

Chalk that one up for having Lusk running the show for as long as he did... That guy literally was just guessing at what to do. When they fired him he was pissed. His record was miserable... I mean the guy had to see the writing on the wall. 

Chalk that one up for having Lusk running the show for as long as he did... That guy literally was just guessing at what to do. When they fired him he was pissed. His record was miserable... I mean the guy had to see the writing on the wall. 

Yeah, two years ago, they should've upset then #2 ranked Concord in Wise in the snow and it was his idiocy decisions as to why they didn't.

The players just simply don't respect the coaching staff. You can see that on the sidelines and talking to some of the locals that are there they want change but administration loves the coaching staff. Something has to change soon tho.

• 2 months later...

• 3 weeks later...