Ridgeview @ Gate City

Battleborn

I agree on Ridgeview's defense. I thought their pass D, especially, was well prepared. They just wore down against the run as the game went along. It should be a good, competitive game.

Totally agree.  Defense is very strong for us... the offense on the other hand... pathetic.  Major difference this year is we have no Austin Reynolds to pick off Collier three times.  Huge loss there.  Also an unknown factor could be the weather.  Last I saw there was a 60% chance of rain tomorrow night?  Could make things a little interesting as the steady drizzle and fog last year on the Ridge was a huge contributing factor, I think, in the victory.  Hard to throw a slightly damp slick ball.

I hope I'm pleasantly surprised....but I just don't see GC beating anyone this year by more than a TD. Just from what I'm hearing I suspect a decent game tonight. Hope the Devils can put a W on the board and give the boys something to feel good about.

I'm proud of the kids for playing hard and getting it done. I'm also proud of the fans still filling the stadium while being 0-5. Hopefully they'll take that to Virginia High next Friday night.