Still Undefeated

face-n-dacrowd

There's been alot of talk about teams on this board this year that are undefeated, Hurley, Galax, Abingdon, Richlands, but theres one that everyone has overlooked Patrick Henry.  The Rebels showed alot of guts Friday night when QB Zane Seymore hooked up with WR Alex Davenport to win the game against John Battle with 14 seconds left.  The Rebels are 4-0 and according to what I hear, we are number 1 in the rankings.  Why arent you guys talking about them?  Thats ok, Coach Palmer has us rolling and we are fine being the underdogs.  I just think this team has all the right pieces to make something happen. We are playing great defense, we can throw it and run it and the added bonus our kicker isn't bad eithier.  Big things are happening in Glad Spring, you heard it hear first.  Go Rebels!!!

I'll be completely honest in saying I have no earthly idea where Patrick Henry even is, only hear about the school in passing. Being undefeated is nothing to sneeze about, still a great accomplishment. I just know less than nothing about the school or its program. No slight to PH at all.

There's been alot of talk about teams on this board this year that are undefeated, Hurley, Galax, Abingdon, Richlands, but theres one that everyone has overlooked Patrick Henry.  The Rebels showed alot of guts Friday night when QB Zane Seymore hooked up with WR Alex Davenport to win the game against John Battle with 14 seconds left.  The Rebels are 4-0 and according to what I hear, we are number 1 in the rankings.  Why arent you guys talking about them?  Thats ok, Coach Palmer has us rolling and we are fine being the underdogs.  I just think this team has all the right pieces to make something happen. We are playing great defense, we can throw it and run it and the added bonus our kicker isn't bad eithier.  Big things are happening in Glad Spring, you heard it hear first.  Go Rebels!!!

I've talked up PH several times this year. They have one of the top two or three RB in SWVA, imo. I'm a little worried that it took until the last 14 seconds to beat a team such as Battle, though. Not a slight against Battle, but they aren't world beaters. I think PH will advance a few rounds in the playoffs, but I just don't see them on the same level as Galax, Hurley, or GW. 

Forgot about 5-0 Grundy. Patrick Henry's bout like Hurley, just with a lot tougher schedule. They use to be one of the worse teams in SWVA, so I'm happy to see that program doing well the past two seasons. They still have Wythe, Chilhowie and Rural Retreat to test them. But yeah I agree Henry could be a dark horse and if Hurley gets hype for beating up weak teams then Henry should be getting some hype too!

I'll be completely honest in saying I have no earthly idea where Patrick Henry even is, only hear about the school in passing. Being undefeated is nothing to sneeze about, still a great accomplishment. I just know less than nothing about the school or its program. No slight to PH at all.

Currently the best team in the city of Emory, Virginia.

Forgot about 5-0 Grundy. Patrick Henry's bout like Hurley, just with a lot tougher schedule. They use to be one of the worse teams in SWVA, so I'm happy to see that program doing well the past two seasons. They still have Wythe, Chilhowie and Rural Retreat to test them. But yeah I agree Henry could be a dark horse and if Hurley gets hype for beating up weak teams then Henry should be getting some hype too!

I saw you guys ganging up on a guy for tooting Hurleys horn the other night then you come on here and and slight them..Your no better.

Grundy has a tough couple of weeks ahead for them. They have done a great job to this point but the next two weeks could be rough for them.

You think the next couple weeks are going be rough for Grundy? The rest of their schedule is rough!

I saw you guys ganging up on a guy for tooting Hurleys horn the other night then you come on here and and slight them..Your no better.

Hey Bud, I've been saying this all season that Hurley has a weak schedule! When somebody says Abingdon, Richlands, Graham, Union, Galax and Giles are great teams I agree cause their playing the "cream of the crop" of Southwest VA or legit out of state teams week in and week out! And when somebody says Gate City is 0-5 and horrible I'm going say look at their schedule. I respect those teams that steps up regardless of the outcome and play tough competition! That person was speaking non sense. Hurley would get bashed by all of the teams above I listed and that person didn't agree with that. Hurley is good for their level.

Hey Bud, I've been saying this all season that Hurley has a weak schedule! When somebody says Abingdon, Richlands, Graham, Union, Galax and Giles are great teams I agree cause their playing the "cream of the crop" of Southwest VA or legit out of state teams week in and week out!

I agree they haven't played any body yet but I stick to what I said you took a jab at them..

There's been alot of talk about teams on this board this year that are undefeated, Hurley, Galax, Abingdon, Richlands, but theres one that everyone has overlooked Patrick Henry. The Rebels showed alot of guts Friday night when QB Zane Seymore hooked up with WR Alex Davenport to win the game against John Battle with 14 seconds left. The Rebels are 4-0 and according to what I hear, we are number 1 in the rankings. Why arent you guys talking about them? Thats ok, Coach Palmer has us rolling and we are fine being the underdogs. I just think this team has all the right pieces to make something happen. We are playing great defense, we can throw it and run it and the added bonus our kicker isn't bad eithier. Big things are happening in Glad Spring, you heard it hear first. Go Rebels!!!

A "jab" or not.... it is facts there Hilary. I am anxious to see Hurley's combined opponent record at the end of the year. 

As of right now Hurley has played teams with a combined 6-19 record. They have left Grundy (6-0), Honaker (2-3), Twin Valley (2-3), Twin Springs (2-3), Phelps, KY (1-4). Grundy will likely be their only challenge until the playoffs.

I don't disagree with either of you about who they've beat or whos left to play nor the quality of opponent. Just wondering why you love hating on a school with probably less than 200 kids and you seem to like it. Grundy is down also in numbers I d like to see all the small schools do well. They put in the work just like the big boys.

Yes! More irrational talk about Hurley!

What's irrational about it? I played and pulled for a team that hasn't had a winning season since 1978. There smaller than Hurley actually they showed up and played at Hurley last year with only 13 kids dressed so I guess I pull for the little guys out there. God bless you have a good day.

I don't disagree with either of you about who they've beat or whos left to play nor the quality of opponent. Just wondering why you love hating on a school with probably less than 200 kids and you seem to like it. Grundy is down also in numbers I d like to see all the small schools do well. They put in the work just like the big boys.

No one is denying their work ethic. No one is hating Hurley.