Still Undefeated

face-n-dacrowd

Wow why the hate towards PH and Hurley? I really don't think anyone form either side has said their team can beat  GC, Graham, Richlands or Union. I think it is great for SW VA to have teams winning. What about Chilhowie? They are having a great year after two tough seasons. I really think outside of Galax there are several teams that could beat each other. Truth is and it has been said on here that Galax had its hands full with Hurley last year, and they played the same "weak" schedule. LOL

In the old Hurley thread, there was a person that believed that Hurley would beat any team in SWVA. That's where most of this is coming from. I you weren't a part of that thread, this one seems odd. All about context.

Wow why the hate towards PH and Hurley? I really don't think anyone form either side has said their team can beat  GC, Graham, Richlands or Union. I think it is great for SW VA to have teams winning. What about Chilhowie? They are having a great year after two tough seasons. I really think outside of Galax there are several teams that could beat each other. Truth is and it has been said on here that Galax had its hands full with Hurley last year, and they played the same "weak" schedule. LOL

Who's hating on Henry? And nobody's hating on Hurley either! Hurley folks feelings gets hurt when we talk about their lightweight schedule and say me and a few folks on here are putting the kids down. I've said it a lot Greg Tester is a great coach, the players are talented, the fans are some of the most loyal around. The players can't help their schedule is weak. It all lays on the Athletic Director. But to put it this way Hurley is like a weightlifter that is strong enough to bench 400lbs but just benches 100lbs and brags how strong they are. And as far as Henry goes, well they play Wythe, Marion, Chilhowie, Rural Retreat, and couple of schools that are down but normally are good teams. Henrys running back is legit. That guy is handful for any defense they face!

What has Gate City's schedule have to do with Hurley, Gate City is 2A, Hurley is 1A. Some on here must have had a Brain Freeze that hasn't unthawed. The part about 2A power John Battle was a joke, sorry about that John Battle.

A brain freeze that hasn't unthawed? So their brains weren't even frozen to begin with?

Odd.

Who's hating on Henry? And nobody's hating on Hurley either! Hurley folks feelings gets hurt when we talk about their lightweight schedule and say me and a few folks on here are putting the kids down. I've said it a lot Greg Tester is a great coach, the players are talented, the fans are some of the most loyal around. The players can't help their schedule is weak. It all lays on the Athletic Director. But to put it this way Hurley is like a weightlifter that is strong enough to bench 400lbs but just benches 100lbs and brags how strong they are. And as far as Henry goes, well they play Wythe, Marion, Chilhowie, Rural Retreat, and couple of schools that are down but normally are good teams. Henrys running back is legit. That guy is handful for any defense they face!

10-4 Paul finebaum. I bet you had to dig deep for that analogy. You should apply for a College Gameday position. I'm sure they could use your witty responses.

Patrick Henry is having a good year, and so is Hurley. Glad to see these teams do

Well in the early season. The meat of their schedules is in the next month, just like

Most schools.

It is good to see schools not known for traditional success have a good year. I have

A special place in my heart for PH.PH lost a player a couple of years ago when the

Young man was killed by his father. What a tragedy for any team to deal with. I think

That PH will be playing for their lost team mate for years to come. May God Bless the

Rebels from Emory. Our Hearts are with you. GOD Speed, young men!

Patrick Henry is having a good year, and so is Hurley. Glad to see these teams do

Well in the early season. The meat of their schedules is in the next month, just like

Most schools.

It is good to see schools not known for traditional success have a good year. I have

A special place in my heart for PH.PH lost a player a couple of years ago when the

Young man was killed by his father. What a tragedy for any team to deal with. I think

That PH will be playing for their lost team mate for years to come. May God Bless the

Rebels from Emory. Our Hearts are with you. GOD Speed, young men!

My wife has family that attends PH so I hope they do well. Palmer is a good coach. I thought he did really well at St.Paul with the small enrollment they had towards the end. Seems be doing a good job at PH.

Thevols, you are right in that Coach Palmer has done an excellent job at Patrick

Henry. His leadership of his team though that horrible tragedy was telling as to

His quality of character and dignity.

One never knows how kids will deal with the unexpected. Patrick Henry had a very

Good year last year, and are doing very well this year so far.

The game between PH and Rural Retreat should be a good one. I remember some of the

Games when Coach Rhea was at RR, and those games was a war, with no love lost between

Either school. It was knock down and drag out with both squads, and if memory serves

Me right, a few fist flew from time to time when these two teams got together.

RR will be PH's best test of the season so far. Humphrey and Co. will need to have a good

Game. RR probably is still running that veer offense, which is hard to stop. Expect

A lot of points in this one. I'll guess 40 to 38 PH.

My wife has family that attends PH and she is a cheerleader on the team So I hope they do well. Palmer is a good coach. I thought he did really well at St.Paul with the small enrollment they had towards the end. Seems be doing a good job at PH.

your wife is a cheerleader?

Castlewood beat Honaker and John Battle beat Lebanon.  Those are two good wins for those schools.  I believe the Rebels have stepped up and shown they can win big games.  There will be tests in the season but I feel something special with this team.  The defense is playing good.  I've been more impressed with Dakota on defense this year.  Hes just been a man out there.  Hard hitting linebackers and speed in the secondary.  This team is special.  Its good to see our fellow Hurley Rebels are undefeated too.  Good luck to you guys and Go Rebels.

When I read it, I assumed your wife was a cheerleader too...lol.  Just shook my head and went on.

Lol I don't think I could handle the rigors of keeping up with a cheerleading wife. Might be fun for awhile but I would probably get tired of people saying "is that your daughter". Haha

Yep. They are listed at 4-0 and week 2 is blank on the official power point release. Was wondering why my numbers didn't match theirs!

How about that. Hopefully that gets corrected soon for Grundy's benefit. They won't get much points from that win though. Riverview, WV only has one win this season and they'll be lucky if they get one or two more wins. But little points are better than no points!