Grundy at Hurley

EH31

Hurley's offense is a running puzzle that no team so far has been able to solve. Does anybody know if they ever pass down field? I know they pass to the backs in the flats sometimes. It's going be interesting to see what defense Grundy comes out with. I wont be surprised if both defenses have trouble stopping each others offense and this turns into a offensive shootout and the whoever scores the most wins. That would likely benefit Hurley if it's that type of game. Also if its raining and the field gets messy then its hard to say what will happen.

On my way to Independence ... Graham Pride ... looking forward to the updates on the Grundy-Hurley matchup. It is shortly after 4:00 ... guess "The Cliff" is now "open for business." It is going to be a great atmosphere there ... good luck to both schools!

Travel safe to your respective games.

SWVA football=Awesome!

You probably can. It's about 1:45 to Grundy from Abingdon by 19 to 460, even assuming traffic and congestion. If you want to get creative, you can take 19 to Rosedale and then hit 80-624-620 into Grundy, which in theory should be about 10-15 minutes quicker, but you risk accidents on those narrow roads that'll slow you way down.

Yes, that's the route NewHampshireRed was talking about over Drill Mountain.  I had totally forgot about that road, but I did go that way the last time I went to Grundy when I was having to travel to the stores for work and it was quicker.

I really imagined the trash talking this week would be out of control... Surprised it is just starting up today

I really imagined the trash talking this week would be out of control... Surprised it is just starting up today. 

What trash talking Dick? looked like a fair assessment from where I set tonight...Keep on hating you got to have something to live for.

Just was an opinion leading into this week. Using the previous week's discussion, I figured this week would have several new Hurley Rebel fans on the board gloating about the powerful Rebels. There really wasn't much discussion on the game this week. 

You guys waxed your most competitive opponent tonight. Finishing 10-0 should be easy from here on out. 

You guys deserve to thump that chest tonight! 

Someone suggested that Hurley pick up East Ridge KY to strengthen up their schedule. Shelby Valley KY 56, East Ridge KY 14, Yeah that would do it.

Hurley has scheduled East Ridge in the past. Other than proximity, they have very little to gain playing them.

Someone suggested that Hurley pick up East Ridge KY to strengthen up their schedule. Shelby Valley KY 56, East Ridge KY 14, Yeah that would do it.

I mentioned bout 20 other teams too that are a lot better than East Ridge. I just through East Ridge in there cause its not far from Hurley.

Hurley has had to fill the schedule with eastern KY and southern WV teams for the past 15-20 years. Dwindling enrollments locally has forced consolidation, which reduces the number of teams available within a certain radius.

You kinda just have to play your schedule and go from there.