Power points

goose111874

My friends at Tech from NoVa will probably hate this post. While taken back at the direction of this power point's post, the first official flag of the Confederacy was not the "stars and bars". The "stars and bars" actually was the third flag adopted.

The "stars and bars" was originally the Battle Flag of NoVa. Yes my NoVa friends from Harrisonburg, Richmomd, Arlington. This flag represented you.

Slavery was a great evil and still is in many parts of the world. The South was an agriculture economy while the North was more industrial and relied on products from the South for some of the industries like textiles.

The South had a way of life and the North had a way of life. Now slavery may have been a part of that way of life as sad as it may be but not every white person in the South had slaves as some might believe.

Go to http://newobserveronline.com/hidden-facts-about-slavery-in-america/

Now this isn't trying to "stir a pot". This is just putting out facts.

In defense of this small town Hurley, don't think of them and their people who are a bunch of racists backwoods people. Think of.them as people who were part of a group of people in history who were ready to go to battle for their beliefs. I am not talking about beliefs in slavery, I am talking about Northern infringement and influences on a laid back Southern way of life that today we now love.

And because Trump calls a spade a spade and calls some of the drug lords down south "bad hombres", he isn't trying to insult a race of people. Let's face it. Some people are way too sensitive in this world.

Yes we are a nation of immigrants as Hillary said but what Hillary needs to realize is that this is 2016 not 1889. Terrorists posing as immigrants coming to this nation with intents of destroying our country is a little different than people coming to here when the country is just a little over fifty years expanding west and new technologies and ideas are developing to help the country grow.

Yes we need more technical schools and vocational tracts in schools but what good does it do us without any jobs.

Yes I am a college senior with my own opinions. I try to keep an open mind and see reality for what it is.

Hurley, Virginia should be proud to be rebels.

Many people are more afraid of hurting feelings than telling the truth. I would rather someone tell me the truth than be PC and cower and cater to me. Just my opinions.

I'm ready to read the haters comments after this. I'm sure there will be some.

Oh well. I have my whole life ahead of me and I am sure there will be more.

THE ONE THING THAT EVERYONE MISSES IS THIS ,ALL THESE FLAGS WERE DESIGNED BY DEMOCRATS,WITH EVERY DEMOCRATIC CONTROLLED STATE ELECTING TO JOIN THE SOUTH, NOW THE DEMOCRATS HAVE DECIDED THAT THEY ARE THE PEOPLE OF COLOR REPRESENTATIVE....JUST LIKE UN-EMPLOYED MINERS VOTING FOR HILIARY

Comparing the Democractic party of 1800s to the modern Dem party is laughably showing no real grasp of history. The parties have flipped. A Republican president in the 1860s fought a war to preserve federal domain over states rights, does that sound like the modern GOP to you?

My friends at Tech from NoVa will probably hate this post. While taken back at the direction of this power point's post, the first official flag of the Confederacy was not the "stars and bars". The "stars and bars" actually was the third flag adopted.

The "stars and bars" was originally the Battle Flag of NoVa. Yes my NoVa friends from Harrisonburg, Richmomd, Arlington. This flag represented you.

Slavery was a great evil and still is in many parts of the world. The South was an agriculture economy while the North was more industrial and relied on products from the South for some of the industries like textiles.

The South had a way of life and the North had a way of life. Now slavery may have been a part of that way of life as sad as it may be but not every white person in the South had slaves as some might believe.

Go to http://newobserveronline.com/hidden-facts-about-slavery-in-america/

Now this isn't trying to "stir a pot". This is just putting out facts.

In defense of this small town Hurley, don't think of them and their people who are a bunch of racists backwoods people. Think of.them as people who were part of a group of people in history who were ready to go to battle for their beliefs. I am not talking about beliefs in slavery, I am talking about Northern infringement and influences on a laid back Southern way of life that today we now love.

And because Trump calls a spade a spade and calls some of the drug lords down south "bad hombres", he isn't trying to insult a race of people. Let's face it. Some people are way too sensitive in this world.

Yes we are a nation of immigrants as Hillary said but what Hillary needs to realize is that this is 2016 not 1889. Terrorists posing as immigrants coming to this nation with intents of destroying our country is a little different than people coming to here when the country is just a little over fifty years expanding west and new technologies and ideas are developing to help the country grow.

Yes we need more technical schools and vocational tracts in schools but what good does it do us without any jobs.

Yes I am a college senior with my own opinions. I try to keep an open mind and see reality for what it is.

Hurley, Virginia should be proud to be rebels.

Many people are more afraid of hurting feelings than telling the truth. I would rather someone tell me the truth than be PC and cower and cater to me. Just my opinions.

I'm ready to read the haters comments after this. I'm sure there will be some.

Oh well. I have my whole life ahead of me and I am sure there will be more.

You're right, you will get older and realize that 99% of the world just wants to go about their daily business, acting as if immigrants are constantly trying to come over and ruin America is a false narrative, for one Syrian refugees are the most heavily vetted immigrants entering the US, you're more likely to see a terrorist come across the Canadian border than thru the US immigration system.

And calling a spade a spade isn't insulting an entire gender or race, that's just begin a dick.

Looking forward to how the Power Points will end up!!

There, I did my part to try to get back on topic lol :)

No matter how they end up, I promise you this, it's gonna be great! These are going to be the best power points that there's ever been. It's going to be fantastic. Really good. Sooo good. And I'm fully prepared to accept the results.......if Union is #1. ;)

Sorry Iwas yelling, I forget that some are English / grammar instructors, but I was too busy being in Beirut and Grenada to attend the class . So you say I yell , trust me , the word F€¥€ didn't come up once followed by u ,,,,so now you know I didn't yell.....but I can

I'd say the real moving will be 8-16. The rest are basically set with Richlands and Appo fighting for the #1. Graham has #3 locked up if they win out and DR is basically solid at #4 if they win out. Union can't be hier than #4, and thatd take q big upset of DR.

Everyone knows that Union takes its HOME CROWD on the road with them, we like road trips , but the last one was like in PA.Any west 2nd rd winner can win State

Comparing the Democractic party of 1800s to the modern Dem party is laughably showing no real grasp of history. The parties have flipped. A Republican president in the 1860s fought a war to preserve federal domain over states rights, does that sound like the modern GOP to you?

NO,it doesn't. We are screwed either way

Whining? Really? all I have to say is this Mitchell was open in the end zone and the shoe is on the other foot. We didn't succeed and Richlands knows the best game was with Union....period

Everyone knows that Union takes its HOME CROWD on the road with them, we like road trips , but the last one was like in PA.Any west 2nd rd winner can win State

Yep. Whining.

Trust me jarhead, if there EVER comes a day when Union EVER has to make a trip to Nandua or Arcadia... you will be begging that it was Clarke County instead.

Google Maps lists it at roughly 5.5 hours from Union to Clarke County.

Google Maps lists it at 8.25 hours to Nandua and 8.5 to Arcadia.

Trust me swva_havok_fan us Union fans know what a 8 and half hour trip to the east coast or even up the state. Appalachia and Powell Valley both went out there and both brought that trophy home. So we look forward to them trips and expect them unlike others who wish and hope for them.

Whining? Really? all I have to say is this Mitchell was open in the end zone and the shoe is on the other foot. We didn't succeed and Richlands knows the best game was with Union....period

Don't man, just don't. It's not a good look,especially with how Union had wokn the previous three games v. Richlands. They could've said the same exact stuff,one play here or there, but most didn't so we should extend same courtesy.

Just a good ol boys,never meaning no harm. Beat all u ever saw been in trouble with the law since the day we were born. Some days the mountains might get em but the law never will.

That added literally nothing to this conversation...

back to football for a minute, and more specifically, the power points.

not trying to single out graham really, but let me get this straight.  the G-men sit at an average of 24.00 points at the moment.  they'll play Bland tonight and get 18 for the win, moved up to 20 for the classification points and rewarded 8 more points for bland's 4 wins.  that's 28 points, 4 more than their current average, even before rider points are added in.  so their average will go up fairly significantly (at least for this late in the season) for a win over a 1A team that recently lost by 4 scores to narrows and 3 scores to grayson.  that makes perfect sense vh$l