Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

Richlands loses 1 close game and people are like it's time to piss on the fire and call in the dogs cause this hunt is over!! That's a good problem to have. There are many teams out there that would like to be in this situation. I'm sure if you talked to those boys this evening when they walked out of Ernie Hicks Stadium they'd probably tell you Mance wore them out. He'll have them ready come playoff time.

Richlands loses 1 close game and people are like it's time to piss on the fire and call in the dogs cause this hunt is over!! That's a good problem to have. There are many teams out there that would like to be in this situation. I'm sure if you talked to those boys this evening when they walked out of Ernie Hicks Stadium they'd probably tell you Mance wore them out. He'll have them ready come playoff time.

This. I know several members of the coaching staff who have seen comments from the community of how Mance needs to be fired. They aren't very happy. Our fans are spoiled brats in that regard. There are 20+ schools in our area who would love to have HALF the success this program has had. We need not take it for granted.

You sir.........are absolutely right !  We have been so very blessed to have the sustained success we have had, very few teams have been as good for as long !  Would it be nice to have won 1 or 2 more state championships in that time.........of course,  but a lot of the people that complain probably never stepped foot on a field and have no idea how hard it is to win a state championship in the first place !  The work, athletes and a hell of a lot of luck that is involved is amazing and just to make the playoffs for as long as we have and especially the deep runs we have had is just fantastic !

I am extremely proud of our coaches and players !

We have had a great year at 8 & 1 and still had a chance to win Fridays game with a little luck & if we score on 1 or 2 more times that we were in the red zone,  but sometimes a team plays better and you lose,  and you have to credit Abingdon with a great game plan,  but I still love this team.  Some of these id.......never mind,  but some of these guys need to be careful what they wish for,  they may get it and wish they didn't !  When Mance does leave,  we will have a very hard time finding a coach as dedicated and as good as he has been !

And that's all I got to say about that right there ! 

You keep proving my point.

When did I whine? Sure I'd like to see Union avoid long trips playing at the top seeds, but every team would. I never complained about the system or how it's set up nor did I complain about losing to Richlands. And the first post you quote was a complete joke as I was talking to RHS fans. And I was trying to figure out the points and what would be best case scenario, but never whining about potential games.

So again, the only truth to come out here is you're full of shit. Period.

Saw this article on the Blue Tornado site... Daquan Booker's mom is a Richlands native...

BlueTornadoLive Retweeted

Richlands Booker playing for family and a title

https://twitter.com/WVVASPORTS/status/790722255181402113

Also, I previously heard the young man who transferred from Elizabethton, TN, one of his parents (forgot which one), was a Richlands grad.

Glad to have both young men representing Richlands.

Saw this article on the Blue Tornado site... Daquan Booker's mom is a Richlands native...

BlueTornadoLive Retweeted

Richlands Booker playing for family and a title

https://twitter.com/WVVASPORTS/status/790722255181402113

Also, I previously heard the young man who transferred from Elizabethton, TN, one of his parents (forgot which one), was a Richlands grad.

Glad to have both young men representing Richlands.

That's correct. Hyder's mom went to school with my mom. That's why them transferring to Richlands was them coming home. 

As Per Falcon Voice:

"on an overthrown tipped pass and the other on a wheel route on the last play of the half where the Graham player CLEARLY interfered with Fulton, "

Check out that play at around the 2:10 mark of the Abingdon game hilights....  Maybe you were on the other side of the field and couldn't see that very clearly...that was a 50/50 ball....no way there's any interference there.  Very clearly good defense.

Outstanding defense, if you ask me.

http://www.hudl.com/profile/4495481/taymon-cooke

As Per Falcon Voice:

"on an overthrown tipped pass and the other on a wheel route on the last play of the half where the Graham player CLEARLY interfered with Fulton, "

Check out that play at around the 2:10 mark of the Abingdon game hilights....  Maybe you were on the other side of the field and couldn't see that very clearly...that was a 50/50 ball....no way there's any interference there.  Very clearly good defense.

No, that's the angle I got. Wind it back and look to see if he makes contact beforehand. Looks like he hits the receiver before the ball arrives. That's what I was calling out. It was one hell of an athletic play to make the catch, sure, but he played through the receiver to make it. But on a different note, from watching that again, it looks like my source completely missed on the receiver across the middle. He was triple covered. 

As Per Falcon Voice:

Just a good play,the defence has as much right to the ball as the reciever

Just a good play,the defence has as much right to the ball as the reciever

Yes he does, and trust me guys, I am as tired of the deluge of bad pass I calls that have made their way into the game as anyone, but I think the rule is still that if you contact a receiver while the ball is in the air prior to the ball arriving, by rule that is pass interference.