Richlands @ Abingdon

Ryan4VT

Well it is here---have had rain but sun is peeking through with blue skies appearing. 

Bristol Herald Prediction

Richlands 42

Abingdon 35

Last year Nick Blankenship rushed for 342 yards on 29 carries with 3 TD's. 

Falcons passed for 272 yards on 45 attempts.

Richlands is averaging 45 points PPG.  Abingdon is averaging 45.6 PPG.  (2016 Season)

BHC says "This potential classic might be decided in the locker room during halftime.

Stats:

RUSHING

Abingdon---

Fulton (6 games--100 carries--683 yards--6.8 YPC)

Sturgill (7 games--56 carries--362 yards--6.4 YPC)

Richlands---

White (7 games--26 carries--277 yards--10.6 YPC)

SCORING

Abingdon---

Sturgill (11 TD's for 66 points)

Fulton (11 TD's for 66 points)

Wallace (8 TD's for 48 points)

Richlands---

Howie (15 TD's for 90 points)

Forrest (3 FG's, 40 XP's for 49 points)

Booker (6 TD's for 36 points)

Ball (5 TD's for 30 points)

TOUCHDOWN PASSES

Abingdon---

Sturgill (14 passes for TD's)

Fulton (1 pass for TD)

Boothe (1 pass for TD)

Richlands---

Asbury (36 passes for TD's)

T. Brown (1 pass for TD)

TOUCHDOWN RECEPTIONS

Abingdon---

Wallace (6)

M. Yates (3)

Bassham (3)

Richlands---

Howie (13)

Ball (5)

Horn (4)

Booker (4)

D. Brown (3)

Lowe (2)

Collins (2)

You must be in Richlands because there's no sun here....peeking through or otherwise. It's going to be a cold wet game. Again, I don't know who, if either team, it will help. I just want a clean game with nobody complaining about refs afterward....meaning I hope they don't play a role. Safe travels if you're heading over here tonight. Bring your jacket with the hood attached.

How is it that RHS has only run the ball 26 times in 7 games? Based on the stat above.

Not true. White has only ran it that many times. I believe over 5 players have ran the ball from the backfield, and that's not counting sweeps and QB runs.

Asbury already has 36 pass TDs?!?!? That's insane thru 7 games, that's over five a game. Super impressive.

How in the world Union held RHS to seven points thru three and a half quarters looks more impresivce by e day, the Tornado are rolling teams right now. Abingdon is not built to beat RHS IMO, they rely too much on outscoring teams and I'm not sire there are many local teams that can possibly keep up wit Richlands purely on offense.

Why would you roll john luke out to the right? The blueprint is out on richlands. When you cant run the ball on a 3 man front and can drop 8 in coverage youve got some problems.

Yea ive know that since we played them. We blew the game late but we may meet again.

Good tight game all night. Terrible play calling for Richland's all night. Not sure what our coaches were thinking!

Not taking anything away from Abingdon at all. Just frustrating to watch that kind of play calling all night!! I guess our coaches wanted to be a 5 or 6 seed.

Good luck to Abingdon the rest of the way!!!

Worst offensively called game ive ever witnessed. Worst decision making on John Lukes part that I have seen by him thus far. Richlands got out coached and out hussled. I call this the "Classic Mance!" When in need, dont suceed!

Sounds lke a tough game for both squads. Hey guys, the second season starts soon,

For both teams. Got to look at the BIG picture. A lot of football to be played for

Both teams. Never to late to learn from mistakes made, Players and Coaches.

That loss should just piss Richlands off, and make them a better team for the post

Season. For Abingdon, it had to be a confidence builder for their post season.

Best of luck to both squads.

Even with 8 in coverage, 15 for the Blues was open several times. Other than the drive late, they barely even looked his way. 11 is an athlete but not the only athlete we got. Too many times he was locked on the same player. Just my opinion.

I guess our coaches wanted to be a 5 or 6 seed.

Actually, Richlands is pretty much guaranteed the 3 seed.

If Appo beats Amherst, it will look like this:

1. Appo

2. Graham

3. Richlands

4. Dan River

5. Union

If Appo loses to Amherst, it comes down to the riders, but Richlands can actually be the 2 seed:

1. Graham

2. Appo/Richlands

3. Richlands/Appo

4. Dan River

5. Union

Union_Fan can probably back that up or dispel it, but I think that's right.

You mean classic overrated coach. Can't win big games.

Would you rather get rid of him and be lucky to go 6-4, 7-3 every year?!? Mance has his flaws, but Jesus Christ, give me a break. He's the entire reason we are who we are.

Our fans are so spoiled.